VBAC

Anyone vbac after 2 csections?

Just curious if anyone has multiple csections and was able to successfully vbac?

quick background: #1 was an emergency csection due to failed NST...never went into labor or had any contractions. For #2, I wanted to vbac and was given the go ahead if I went into labor on my own before my due date.  That never happened so had to have a planned c the day after my due date.

DS- 11/08,  DD1 - 05/10,  DD2 - 11/11

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Anyone vbac after 2 csections?

• i just vbac'd after 1 c/s, but i i went to an ICAN (international cesarean awareness network) meeting last week and a mom shared a recent vbac after THREE surgical births! we all cried for and with her! it was amazing. she had so many barriers to overcome and did it (including being past 40 weeks) and her doctor was supposed to go on vacation the day after she went into labor, so the hospital wouldn't call him. the on-call doctor from the practice would not, yes, that's right, WOULD NOT, attend to her vbac. so she went home to labor alone and returned in the morning when her doctor would be there. he postponed his vacation plans to stay there with her.

and she birthed her baby!!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I haven't done it, but I have seen stories other websites and on the ICAN list-serve where there have been successful VBAMC  (multiple cesareans).
  • Loading the player...
  • Good to know...I always thought after 2 csections there was no going back. I guess the fun part would be finding a doc that would be willing once we are ready to ttc #3.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagelkf041:
    Good to know...I always thought after 2 csections there was no going back. I guess the fun part would be finding a doc that would be willing once we are ready to ttc #3.

You definitely shouldn't be out of the running for that.  I think when the most recent ACOG VBAC guidelines came out they were more encouraging toward VBAC's after 2 or more c/s.  

Here's a link on a story that gives some info on it. Good luck! :)

• There are a few youtube videos on VB3C's and up. Most of them homebirth, but not all! I remember seeing a VB4C with a doc in a hospital on there once. Pretty amazing. 

Also recently in the news there was a mom who had an unassited (unintentional) homebirth with her toddlers at home with her. It came out later that it was a VB3C. Unintentional but that baby apparently just flew out!  

• There are definitely a lot of women who have, the challenge is finding a provider. But ACOG recently changed their VBAC guidelines to say that it is ok for someone to VBAC with 2 prior lower transverse incisions. They are just recommendations, but hopefully providers will be more open to the possibility and that more women will be able to access VBACs. If you find one be sure to ask them ahead of time if they are going to give you an "expiration date". There is no evidence to support it absent of other medical reasons. Since you have never actually gone into labor, you would still fall into the first time mother category as far as average gestation at time of delivery, 41 weeks and 1 or 2 days.
  • A girl from our local ICAN group just had a VBA2C in September.  She had a dream experience IMO.  She was actually already at 10cm when she got to the hospital!  She pushed 4 times and 9lb baby boy popped out.  She said it really helped her the most to "love each of her contractions" and visualize her cervix opening with each one (birth imagery).  HTH.  GL.

~Sweet Girl *8/18/08* c-section ~ Sweet Boy *12/2/10* VBAC ~ Sweet Boy *8/14/12* VBAC~ 

VBAC Birth Story    2VBAC Birth Story  

• I am attempting a VBAC after having had 2 scheduled C-sections.  The first C-section was due to my daughter being breech.  The second C-section was scheduled, well, mostly because I didn't know I had a different choice.  OBs here are not known for encouraging VBACs.

As far as my midwives are concerned, I am considered favorable for a VBAC, which I never thought possible.  Having never had a natural labor and delivery, I feel very blessed to have been given this window of opportunity. 

Good Luck to you!

Natalie 7.27.07/Lukas 5.29.09/Noah 3.4.11/Brooke 7.31.12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagerunnergirl79:

I am attempting a VBAC after having had 2 scheduled C-sections.  The first C-section was due to my daughter being breech.  The second C-section was scheduled, well, mostly because I didn't know I had a different choice.  OBs here are not known for encouraging VBACs.

As far as my midwives are concerned, I am considered favorable for a VBAC, which I never thought possible.  Having never had a natural labor and delivery, I feel very blessed to have been given this window of opportunity. 

Good Luck to you!

Please, please keep me updated on how it goes.  Good Luck to you!!!!

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"