3rd Trimester
Options

No Braxton Hicks?

My midwife asks at every appointment if I have felt any Braxton Hicks Contractions. I am 34 weeks and felt 1 very early on and nothing since.

Have any of you gone without the braxton hicks right up until labor with previous children? Or still haven't felt any this time around?

Just wondering if I will start feeling them or if it is possible to go without.

Re: No Braxton Hicks?

• Options

I didn't have any during my previous pregnancy.  I'm getting them a ton this time though!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I've read that not everyone experiences them.  However, you could also have them and not notice.  For me, sometimes they're uncomfortable and slightly painful, other times I don't even notice unless I touch my belly and it's rock hard.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My sister and SIL said they never had them at all.
    Abigail Noelle, 8.29.09
    Brady Phoenix, 8.29.09
    Claire Zoe, 10.26.10

• Options
    I didn't have them (or didn't know I was having them) with my first pregnancy.  I had them quite a bit with #2 and daily/frequently with #3.
  • Options
    I'm almost 36 weeks and haven't had any yet...
    BFP July 11, 2009 ~ C/P July 15, 2009
    BFP 11/25/2009 ~ Blighted Ovum Discovered 12/10/2009 ~ Natural M/C 12/24/2009
    BFP 3/29/2010 ~ EDD 11/25/2010

Sawyer Marshall ~ November 16, 2010
  • Options
    I never felt any last time. I haven't had anything this time yet, either.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    You're probably having them but not knowing what they are or are just not paying attention. They're not painful, just your uterine muscles tightening. If at any point you rub your belly and it's slightly harder than normal, that's BH.
  • Options
    I haven't noticed any either.
    photo 6aecdc21-d010-4990-8b8b-da468f75ece3_zps38a4dec0.jpgphoto 8c7926e4-3191-4d9f-8e13-2ba2d4b7296f_zps45188ab0.jpg
              Connor - 12/15/10                                     Abby - EDD 11/29/13
    Lilypie - (bLG7)
  • Options
    I haven't had any that I know of. Although I have noticed at times that my belly is rather hard but thought nothing of it. ?? maybe that was one. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I didn't have any BH with DD (my first), I had two with DS (my second) and I've had them everyday since about 20 weeks with this LO.
  • Options
    imagefirsttimemama:

I didn't have any during my previous pregnancy.  I'm getting them a ton this time though!

This!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

imagewoollypetals:
    I haven't had any that I know of. Although I have noticed at times that my belly is rather hard but thought nothing of it. ?? maybe that was one. :)

This

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"