Houston Babies
Options

when did you start drinking?

bwhahaha - how's that for a subject line?

but seriously, I really want a fall beer but Eliza Jane is bottle adverse at the moment and I'm wondering if she's too young (4 weeks today) for me to have a beer while I'm nursing her.  Should I wait until she's on more scheduled feedings?  (In the evening, she tends to cluster feed for two or three hours.)

Re: when did you start drinking?

• Options
    The very SECOND I got home from the hospital!  I hadn't had a drink in over 2 years.  I was MORE than ready!  I just had a drink right after I finished nursing.  I didn't worry too much about it...  I only had 1 drink..
  • Options

Juliet was 3-4ish weeks and I had a glass of wine as soon as she finished nursing.   

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Remember dark beer can help your milk supply too.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Last week so 4 weeks. I had a beer while nursing. HAHA! In my defense I didnt even finish it. Sadly the beer tasted like crap Embarrassed
  • Options
    I don't remember but pretty early. If you nurse, then drink, it shouldn't be a problem. Or you can also drink while nursing. I used to do that a lot. And if you have one beer, as long as you don't feel drunk, you should be fine.
  • Options

Um...Cooper was about a week old when I had my first glass of wine right after he finished nursing.  He was sleeping 4ish hours at the time (or more) so I didn't worry about 1 glass.

• Options
    imagekat.in.the.hat:

Every time I see this post I think, "Every day around 4 o'clock!"  If wine didn't have so many calories, that would be my honest answer. ;)

• Options
    imageKKMMex:
    imagekat.in.the.hat:

Every time I see this post I think, "Every day around 4 o'clock!"  If wine didn't have so many calories, that would be my honest answer. ;)

I love this!

I'd say pretty soon after coming home.  :) I had a drink after nursing. I followed as long as I didn't have a buzz I was fine. I never usually had more then 1 at that time anyway. My pedi recommended drinking beer when I was trying to get Abby to gain weight ; )

Crazy Christmas Kids!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageerica_kaspar:
    Last week so 4 weeks. I had a beer while nursing. HAHA! In my defense I didnt even finish it. Sadly the beer tasted like crap Embarrassed

SHUT YOUR FACE!!!

Am I the worlds worst mom because I'm trying to figure out how to get DH to sneak me in a Blue Moon?

gawd I miss beer.

• Options
    imagestarlettedir:

imageerica_kaspar:

SHUT YOUR FACE!!!

Am I the worlds worst mom because I'm trying to figure out how to get DH to sneak me in a Blue Moon?

gawd I miss beer.

i had planned to put a bottle of wine in my hospital bag... but i never got to pack a hospital bag.  i'm not promising that i won't pack a bottle next time. Embarrassed 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imagesad5781:
    imagestarlettedir:

imageerica_kaspar:

SHUT YOUR FACE!!!

gawd I miss beer.

i had planned to put a bottle of wine in my hospital bag... but i never got to pack a hospital bag.  i'm not promising that i won't pack a bottle next time. Embarrassed 

I feel better now =)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"