Adoption
Options

Angel Adoption? And Q about fees

Has anyone used Angel Adoption and what were your thoughts?

Also, can someone talk me through the fees and what they're for and how the agency differs from the SW? Let me explain - Angel adoption sent me materials and their fee is $11,200 which is for marketing and advertising.  From what I understand from their materials they just match you up with the BM (not to imply that this is an easy task) but then you work with another agency throughout the process and to complete the adoption.  Their materials say they do the matching and provide you wioth twoyears of marketing and advertising and then "All of our adoptions are assisted by a licensed agency. We will direct you to the agency we work with if you do not have a home study. Once you are connected with a birthmother, we give you a professional in that state to work with your birthmother".

Is this common - to have both an agency that does the advertising/matching and then another agency that actually does the adoption placement? Also, they list the total fees if you go through their agency to be $15,200-$20,200 (after the $13,000 tax credit it would be between $2k and $2k). This sounds pretty low and I am skeptical of things that seem "too good to be true". Any thoughts?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
History of IF and 2.5 years TTC. The day we were to start our first IUI we received a call that changed our lives forever and 10 month old Olivia joined our family. Shortly thereafter we got a surprise BFP and baby 2 is due July 5, 2012

Re: Angel Adoption? And Q about fees

• Options

imageNature Lover:
      (after the $13,000 tax credit it would be between $2k and $2k).

I meant to say (after the $13,000 tax credit it would be between $2k and $7k).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    History of IF and 2.5 years TTC. The day we were to start our first IUI we received a call that changed our lives forever and 10 month old Olivia joined our family. Shortly thereafter we got a surprise BFP and baby 2 is due July 5, 2012

• Options

I am not familiar with Angel Adoption but what it sounds like from your post (and a quick glance at their website) is that they are fuction as a facilitator/consulatant sort of service.  They are not an agency.

Personally, the marketing fees seem high for a non-agency.  We've been working with facilitators.  The high end facilitator is 4800 but most range at about 2000.  None of the facilitators required us to pay much up front (some had a $200 sign up fee). 

Again, I am not familiar with Angel Adoption so I may not be accurate in my assessment that they are not an agency.

image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"