Secondary IF

If you dealt with IF with DC#1 (and a little intro)

I been lurking because we are going to start TTC #2 soon and we dealt with IF issues when TTC DS so we're going into TTC #2 assuming we still have the same issues.  Just wondering who else is dealing with IF for the second time.

Also to introduce myself officially. :)  We got pg with DS with the help of Femara after 15 cycles.  My Dr gave me the option of trying again on our own, or going with meds immediately.  We have decided to start with Femara again with our first cycle.  I didn't see the point in waiting, not like you get some kind of sticker for doing it without help.  Also b/c we've waited a little longer than we would have liked to to start TTC #2 so no sense in dragging it out just to end up in the same place.

So if this is your second (or third) rodeo, did you start off immediately with the same treatment that worked for you the first time?  Or did you try on your own for awhile first? 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: If you dealt with IF with DC#1 (and a little intro)

• I can't really add a response to your question but I wanted to Welcome you.  Your DS is adorable and I hope your stay is short in the IF world this time around.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I cant answer either...since we adopted then had the miracle pregnancy.

But I am really thinking about going back and using our frozen embryos that we never thought we would use,...

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    br
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersbr>
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We had IF issues with our DD, and we are in the process of TTC #2! We had success with Gonal-f and IUIs...we had her on 2nd cycle with that...we are on 2nd cycle now! We tried for like 3 mos without IF treatments, then called right up and started right where we left off. No reason to screw around!!! I'm half way thru my 2ww, so we'll see how it goes the 2nd time around!!! GL and welcome! Hope your stay is short!
  • Welcome. We also had trouble with TTC our first got pregnant on cycle 8 4th on meds 100mg Clomid do to PCOS. When we started TTC again we went right to the meds started at 100mg of Clomid for 2 cycles both cycles resulted in no follicles. Went to 150mg and got pregnant then had a miscarriage. We are now moving on Clomid with injectables. I knew is was going to be hard the second time so just jumped right in we are on cycle 4 now and so happy did not wait and seeing RE now.  Good luck. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Welcome to the board.  We had trouble TTC #1 (about a year) and I was even misdiagnosed with a blocked tube. I had surgery that was to fix it, but RE found out it was fine. We were still moving on to treatment b/c of DH issues, but a week after surgery I found out I was pg with my daughter.  When we started TTC #2 I got pg right away on our own, but that ended at 22w.  I just had a chemical pg on cycle #13 trying and now we are going to start IUI.  We have been really reluctant to go down the treatment path because we have gotten pg on our own, but now it's time. 
    Brenna Married 4.30.05

Mom to Teagan 4.11.07 and Cora 9.30.11

imageLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

D&E @ 22w 9.30.09 CMV infection BFP 10.15.10 C/P 4w4d

• Luckily, we didn't have any difficult conceiving DD, but not so lucky this time around.  I'm sorry you are on this journey again.  I hope you are blessed with DC #2 very soon!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • Welcome!

Yes, I had problems the first time too.  That time I had uterine fibroids and a "touch" of endometriosis.  I had a LAP/HSC to have it all removed and got pregnant the second cycle after the surgery on our own.  My OB wanted me to wait and see if I could do it again to see if the endometriosis had returned.  I didn't have the symptoms anymore and I was eventually diagnosed with unexplained IF the second time.  I got pregnant my fist cycle with the RE with inj + trigger + TI. 

For #3 I was planning on adopting, but part of me wonders if I should push my body farther.  Right now I think maybe I'll wait until #2 is 18 months before trying with the RE again and then if I'm not successful w/i the first few months move on to adoption.(My adoption agency won't let you sign up until your child is 1yr old and you can't do IF treatments at the same time)

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • I didn't have any issues the first time around, but if I did - I would want to start right away with going to the RE for assistance.    I don't think we are going to go for a #3, but if we do, I will go straight to an RE from the start.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • First off: WELCOME!!!!!  

As per your question I know I don't O on my own so I wasn't going to waste time "trying" w/o meds.  I'm glad I did... 2nd time was more complicated than the first go. 

Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • Well, we TTC for two years, had a filed IVF, took a few cycles off so I have my tube removed, then had a surprise natural BFP! But, now that we're working on #2, we went right for the FET. Like you, I didn't see a reason not to. We only have 2 embies, so if it fails, we have NO idea what the next step will be.... (my ET is 11/5! so excited!!)
  • I know exactly how you feel.  DD was concieved on Clomid after about 13 months.  I had an appointment with an RE but canceled it when I got a BFP. 

I'm PCOS, and since I don't regularly ovulate, I didn't even bother trying on my own. We started trying with Clomid again (through my Gyn), and my Dr. even perscribed the dosage that worked last time.  Since the Clomid didn't seem to work this time, I started working with an RE in March. 

We just had our 2nd IUI this month (I'm in the 2ww) and I regret not going to the RE sooner.   Good luck! I hope you're not on here too long!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"