Maryland Babies
Options

10 mth growth spurt?

Is there such a thing?  John has been sleeping like crazy.  He is typically a really good sleeper, he sleeps about 11-12 hours straight a night and has been since about 2 months, and he still takes 2, 2 hour naps on the weekends (not at daycare where there is just too much happening).  But this weekend he took 2 naps that were about 2.5 to 3 hours long and then slept almost 13 hours each night.  He went down at 7pm last night and I had to wake him up at 6:45 this morning, usually he's up around 6:15 just sitting in his crib clapping.  He's also eating a lot more.

Did you guys notice a 10 month growth spurt?  All of his other spurts involved less sleep, a little more eating, and a whole lot of fussiness.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: 10 mth growth spurt?

• Options

Nora definitely grew a lot about 6 weeks ago (she's 11.5 months now).  Her 12 month sleepers were long on her, and then suddenly a week later they fit perfectly for length.  Two weeks ago (so right at 11 months) DH took her to get her flu shot and she was a full 3 pounds heavier than at her 9 month checkup, which is a huge weight gain for her.

She didn't eat or sleep any more than usual, and she wasn't more fussy than usual, either.  But yeah, she definitely grew a lot in a short period of time.  I'm actually kind of concerned that her Halloween costume won't fit her... 

• Options

I was wondering the same thing but about 11 months(:  Although DS was against sleeping all weekend.  I think he may be teething as well.  He is eating everything in sight but that is normal for him.  

If your LO does not sleep at DC (mine does not either) he could just have been overly tired.  We all have our sleepy moments where we are more tired then at other times?  I swear "figuring" out why they do or don't do the things they do or don't do is the hardest part of parenting!!

I am sure you heard every baby is different but they are.  If your LO is acting a little off, you know it.  He could be fighting a cold in which case good for him sleeping!!

So I officially did not answer your question!  I guess I just found it funny that I was just googling infant growth spurts a few minutes ago.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"