June 2011 Moms

Chicken strips?

Another paranoid, silly question I know, but I'm curious. Do those pre-cooked grilled chicken strips (Tyson or Oscar Meyer brand) count as "lunch meat" as far as foods to avoid. If I heat them up enough will it even matter? Thanks ladies
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Chicken strips?

• I think they're safe to eat cold.  I'm not going to lie, I have cut out lunch meat entirely I'm just not eating it as often.  If you're worried about them though definitely heat them up.  I used them to make a BBQ chicken pizza the other night, it was delicious.
  • imageSgt M's Wife:
    I think they're safe to eat cold.  I'm not going to lie, I have cut out lunch meat entirely I'm just not eating it as often.  If you're worried about them though definitely heat them up.  I used them to make a BBQ chicken pizza the other night, it was delicious.

O.M.G.  That sounds so good right now!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm having a hard time finding nutritious things to eat for lunch. I'm used to having a sandwich/wrap everyday and I get tired of soup. I don't eat salad and I can't have dairy (hopefully that'll go away in the 2nd trimester).  At least with the strips I can have a soy cheese quesadilla or burrito.
  • imagelew0509:
    I'm having a hard time finding nutritious things to eat for lunch. I'm used to having a sandwich/wrap everyday and I get tired of soup. I don't eat salad and I can't have dairy (hopefully that'll go away in the 2nd trimester).  At least with the strips I can have a soy cheese quesadilla or burrito.

What about hummus and whole wheat crackers or carrots?  Hummus has tons of protein.  If you're heating up the chicken to make quesadillas you'll definitely be safe.

• imagecrysawhit:
    I've never heard that you can't eat lunch meat while you're pregnant. Why is that? I'm kind of freaking out now, because I love wonderbar bologna from the deli and I just bought some this afternoon.

There is an astronomically insignificantly small chance of getting listeria from lunch meat.

https://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancycomplications/listeria.html 

I loved eating turkey sandwiches with DS and we just had the yummiest sandwiches before our hike on Friday.

CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"