Adoption
Options

Just an update

Hello yall!

So, DH and I have been gathering out documents and filling out the home study application. We are still waiting for a couple things to be mailed to us so that we can mail them into our agency. They said the next step is the home study! After they do the home study and review all our documents, we will officially be in the their domestic adoption program.

I've already picked out a crib/mattress set and found some coupons for some other baby things. Once we are officially in, I'm gonna start buying some things here and there just incase things move realy quickly. Here recently they haven't had families home study approved/ready to take the new borns. We are really trying to do this as fast as we can. Monday will be 2 weeks since we started working on the paper work and documents. We are so ready. It would be really awesome if we got our forever child before Christmas. I'm substitute teaching every chance I get. Wednesday I'm subbing for the computer teacher for atleast 2 weeks straight because she will be out for surgery. If you sub more than 4 days in a row, you get extra pay. So I jumped on the opportunity! She may be out longer than that, so I might have even more chance to make money.

We are still looking for some one to loan us the money for the adoption. Our agency sent us some stuff on places like US Bank and Capitol One. They have low rate personal loans. It's like a loan on a vehicle. Has any one done this? Did you have any trouble with it? I'm just curious because this looks like the way we may have to go since the local banks won't loan us money with out collateral.

Anyways....hope your journies are going well! :)

Re: Just an update

• Options
    I meant to put low rate personal loan CREDIT CARDS from Capital One and US Bank.
  • Options

Sounds like you are moving right along.  Our church is starting an adoption ministry and kicked it off today.  One of the resources in their packet lists low interest loans for adoption.  You may have already checked out these resources, but they listed

www.lifesongfororphans.com

www.abbafund.org

www.achildwaits.org

Our church usually researches everything really well, so I'd imagine they are all legit.  Just an idea!

TTC #1 since 12/07 SA 9/08=borderline normal HSG 1/09 found R tube blocked Multiple IUIs both with oral and injectible drugs from 2/09-2/11 Started domestic adoption process in 5/10, homestudy complete 9/10 Failed adoption after home with baby for 2 weeks 11/10 Blessed through the miracle of private adoption with a son, born 6/6/11 (his grandma's bday) 7lbs 9oz 20.5 inches long! So worth the wait!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"