Blended Families

How to word a birthday invitation?

We're hosting SS's bday party this year at the local zoo. They charge per head, so we'd like to word the invitation to encourage child drop off rather than parents staying.

How would one say that politely?

And i'm shaken then i'm still. When your eyes meet mine, i lose simple skills. Like to tell you all i want is now. Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How to word a birthday invitation?

• ETA:  Assuming the kids are old enough for parents to be comfortable leaving them at a party and that the zoo is close enough to their homes that they can go home during the party - I would just state that it is a "drop off party at the zoo".  If it is too far from home for them to go home then I think you are stuck b/c it would be rude to expect them to find something to do for 1 1/2 hours or so. 
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • Instead of saying the Party Time is from 1-4, say please drop your children off at the zoo at 1pm and pick them up at 4pm. As long as they are old enough, I'm sure the parents wouldn't mind a break.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • How old are the kids?
    Stay at Home Mama to 3 Beautiful Children by the miracles of Birth & Adoption
  • I think the previous suggestion of "drop off" and "pick up" times is great!  If you want to even further clarify, maybe write something to the effect of "parents can get a break while dropping off their kids for a day of fun!".  Not sure if you want any parents there at all but if you wouldn't mind, maybe you could put "kids entry is covered, parents not required, $xx if you wish to accompany your child". 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"