Indiana Babies
Options

adjustable waist jeans

none of andrew's jeans fit. OMG I'm so frustrated haha.

I went to Target to buy some adjustable waist (where i found them last time) and they only had adjustable waiste in size 2T and up...

I've looked at Old Navy and Children's place (although not well there, but the pants I saw weren't adjustable).

Where can I find jeans for tall, skinny boys with no butt?!

Thanks!

Re: adjustable waist jeans

• Options
    Tall and skinny with no butt = Maya exactly!  It is so frustrating!  I bought some 12-18 month Gap adjustable jeans at a garage sale and they are amazing.
  • Options

Ooh, that's tough.  I think most places only do adjustable in 2T and up, but do the elastic back (or the knit elastic waist) in 0-24 mos.  We have some Gymbo jeans (the baby boys under 24 mos, I think they are 12 mos) that would work for skinny boys (because they didn't work for my not-skinny boy).  I also would think you might try a "skinny" cut (i.e. avoid relaxed fit, carpenters, etc.).  Gymbo and Crazy8 now sell a couple "skinny" jean offerings.  Oh, and if you have an H&M store, they had some skinny cut jeans for baby boys. 

Wait.  I will go check, but I really think Jonah had on a pair of 24 mos adjustable waist pair from TCP yesterday.  Let me double check, but I swear I think he did.  He was complaining that they were too tight, and I was going to adjust them to make them bigger, but we were on the last button, so I threw them in the "too small" bin.  I'll go take a look.  

ETA:  For future reference, my 9 year old nephew has the same problem, and they are having success at Abercrombie.  I think they even have slim longs (or something like that, my SIL was raving about them the other day, after having the same prob).  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Check the Sonoma brand at Kohl's.  I think that's what L has on today in 24m and I know they have an adjustable waist.
  • Options

I've also found some at Old Navy. Last pair I bought in 12 months for Kaylee from there was adjustable.

ETA: Thanks for your help posting Kaylee, but I wasn't done typing yet!

Anyway: It's weird how they change it like that. (It was just this spring I got Kaylee's last pair)   You could try Walmart. I have found some there sometimes. (I am the Queen of adjustable pants - I hate sewing!!)

• Options
    We have some Amy Coe jeans from BRU that are adjustable waist.  They fit Zander great!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yep.  TCP 24 mos, so they do exist.  However, I got these at a consignment sale last year, so they are older. 
  • Options
    Andrew needs 18 month in length (he's like 32" tall) but they are like MEGA big around on him. I'll try some of these. Thanks!
  • Options
    I looked online at Children's place and at least the pants I"m looking at, it says adjustable waist starts at 24 month and up.  WHY on earthy don't they start them younger?!
  • Options

imageshauna060708:
    Tall and skinny with no butt = Maya exactly!  It is so frustrating!  I bought some 12-18 month Gap adjustable jeans at a garage sale and they are amazing.

I do not see any on their website :/ 

• Options

imagegizmo909:
    We have some Amy Coe jeans from BRU that are adjustable waist.  They fit Zander great!

I don't see them online -maybe they carry other things in the store?  I'll have to check.

• Options

these look adjustable. I'd check in store though.

and there's these they're not jeans though

• Options

I have some TCP pants for Ben, and they are adjustable waist, but they have way too much fabric in the butt/hips/lower tummy area.  So they look like crap on him.  The best jeans I've found are Old Navy regular cut.  They're really narrow through the hips/butt, and they fit Ben pretty well.  The waist isn't adjustable, but it is elastic.  He's got short legs, though.  He's two totally different sizes from top to bottom.  He's got a huge barrel chest and long torso (so needs a 24 month or 2T shirt), but a skinny butt/hips and short legs (so needs 18 month pants). 

• Options
    imagemandyallcorn:

these look adjustable. I'd check in store though.

and there's these they're not jeans though

Oh! the first ones are adjustable.  Really pricey though $25!!!

The second ones aren't - they have a faux belt and if you read the description it isn't adjustable (Old Navy has similar ones)

• Options

Have you seen the adjustable belt thingy that attaches to the back of their pants to make them sort of custome fit? I'll see if I can find a picture.

I've seen them on babysteals multiple times and the OUAC store in Carmel (by the Walmart, Bed Bath and Beyond, etc) also had them (brand new).

Might be a cost effective option for you.

• Options
    imageblondbomber23:

Have you seen the adjustable belt thingy that attaches to the back of their pants to make them sort of custome fit? I'll see if I can find a picture.

I've seen them on babysteals multiple times and the OUAC store in Carmel (by the Walmart, Bed Bath and Beyond, etc) also had them (brand new).

ok, these pictures make them look kind of ugly but I have seen them look ok on a friends LO. Just a thought.

https://www.mypreciouskid.com/dapper-snappers-toddler-belt.html

https://www.smartiepantsshop.com/

• Options
    imageblondbomber23:
    imageblondbomber23:

ok, these pictures make them look kind of ugly but I have seen them look ok on a friends LO. Just a thought.

Those are a good idea. I can see the belt loop one working. The 2nd (cuter) ones I can see getting pulled off - or DS would complain that they poke when he sits back.

• Options
    I'm pretty sure all of the 77kids jeans have an adjustable waistband.  I love how they fit Evan, and they wash nicely.  We bought his on sale, not sure if they have a sale going on though.  It's the same company as American Eagle.  They come in different fits:  straight, loose, and boot.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    TTC #2 since 9/09 --- mild PCOS; Endometriosis
    IUI x4 = BFN
    IVF = sometime in 2012
  • Options
    imageblondbomber23:
    imageblondbomber23:

oh I'll order that, if nothing else he can wear the pants he owns since none of them fit!

• Options

imagembs427:
    I'm pretty sure all of the 77kids jeans have an adjustable waistband.  I love how they fit Evan, and they wash nicely.  We bought his on sale, not sure if they have a sale going on though.  It's the same company as American Eagle.  They come in different fits:  straight, loose, and boot.

Are these in a store somewhere?

• Options
    Not in our state...I ordered them online.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    TTC #2 since 9/09 --- mild PCOS; Endometriosis
    IUI x4 = BFN
    IVF = sometime in 2012
  • Options
    imagelemen99:

imagegizmo909:

I don't see them online -maybe they carry other things in the store?  I'll have to check.

I bought them in the store so definitely check there.  We have 4 pair of the jeans, the smallest being 3-6 mo. and the rest are 12 mo and 18 mo so I know they make them that small. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagegizmo909:
    imagelemen99:

imagegizmo909:

I bought them in the store so definitely check there.  We have 4 pair of the jeans, the smallest being 3-6 mo. and the rest are 12 mo and 18 mo so I know they make them that small. 

Why have I never heard of this store?  Too cute!

• Options
    We have always had this problem and still do with Jordan. We have always had the problem with Landon. He needs 18mos-24 in length, but the waist is too big. The only thing that fits in the waist are his 2T are his pjs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"