Postpartum Depression
Options

Need Help Please!

This isn't my first post on here, but I am suddenly feeling desperate for some help. My DD is almost 9-months old, and I have been slowly weaning off of BF-ing her lately. I have so many things overwhelming me lately, most of all the fact that my hubby and two girls and I just moved to a different state, and we know NO ONE here. I am the one that takes care of the kids mostly, and even though hubby tries to help out, my girls want me all the time.

I have been trying to beat my recent feelings of depression and anxiety without meds, by myself and I am failing miserably. I don't have a doctor here, and no insurance, so I feel helpless. And hopeless. These feelings showed up just after our move, so I wasn't even sure if it was PPD or not, but it doesn't even matter because depression really does hurt no matter what the cause...and my anxiety is becoming debilitating to the point where I can't sleep or eat, but I'm so tired I don't want to do anything.

I feel like wherever I turn, there is no one to help. My OBGYN from New York isn't even returning my calls. I'm seriously thinking of just going to my local ER here in Orlando and begging for help. I am just so afraid that if I ask for help, someone will think I am an unfit mom and try and take my kids away. Or worse, not help me, and then I will fall even deeper. Help!

Re: Need Help Please!

• Options

I can totally relate with you! I have to keep this short BUT do want to offer something real quick:

Call a doctor's office near your house and tell them that you are new to the area, and without insurance. I was also without insurance for a very long time (hubby is self-employed) and just paid cash to go to the doctor. They were usually willing to just discount the rate or bill me later and let me do a payment plan.

If they are able to get you on zoloft or whatever they see fit, sometimes they can just give you a "sample" to get started for the first month (ask!) if not, I'll tell you right now, it's around $30/month if you pay cash.

When you are hurting for any reason and non-insured, you HAVE to be your own advocate. As a depressed person, this is especially hard. Just call some doctor's offices in your area today and tell them your situation and tell them you need to get in ASAP!

If none of the above sounds good...run don't walk to the nearest critical care clinic (non-emergency) place and tell them what's up. They won't refuse care and you don't run the risk or sitting in the ER for hours on end and having to pay hundreds more!

• Options

::hugs::

I had so many of the same feelings before getting help!  I was terrified that they would take DS away if I was honest about how I was feeling and the thoughts that were going through my head.

I did get help though and taking DS away was never even brought up.

I 2nd getting to a local Dr. ASAP.  Zoloft worked wonders for me.  I felt much better within the week and even better once we got me to the right dosage (I'm at 150mg now).

Therapy is a must too.  Maybe look to see if there are any ppd support groups in your area.  I would think that they would be free and could give you some much needed support.

Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions about what I went (and still am) going through.

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well, last night I called hubby's doctor in me New York who told me to go back on Effexor immediately, so I took a pill last night and already I don't feel the same sadness I felt earlier. But I do still feel panicky. Please someone tell me that I will get better and feel like myself again. Sad
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"