Secondary IF
Options

**hoping4more**

Hi sweetie, just thinking about you.  I'm not sure if you come around here anymore.  How are you doing?
imageimageimageimage m/c at 8w4d - 10/2/09 baby girl Ruth Elise

Re: **hoping4more**

• Options

I'm around once in awhile... 

it looks like we will be licensed in like 2 weeks!

I really meant to reply to a post to sommer earlier too but got busy, I have been keeping myself busy with volunteer and stuff too. 

How are you? Got a cute bump yet? You know I need to see pictures... 

Our Girls
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    AquinnahDori
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • Options

I'm so excited for you.  Does that mean you passed the safety check too?  Any idea how long placement takes after that point?

I'm good.  Same as always.  We haven't taken any belly pics yet, but there is a bump there for sure. :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options

No, I have the safety check on Wednesday and then I will go buy what I need. I don't see any reason why I wont pass once I know what I need.

I have no clue on how long for a placement, depends on what becomes available and if we accept it or not. I am praying we have a placement by Christmas!

I'm glad to hear you are doing well. How is little M? Does she acknowledge the bump as her baby sibling yet?

Our Girls
    AquinnahDori
  • Options

Oh yeah, I'm clueless with these things.  So, you get a placement that you and your H discuss on whether or not to take, right?  You're a good person for doing this.  I know ya'll are going to be a great foster home and when the time is right, permanent home.  I've lurked periodically on the adoption board.  I've always been interested, but unfortunately H is not.

M is starting to figure it out.  She doesn't like to look at my bare belly though.  I think it freaks her out.  At night, I'll pull my shirt up to cool off and she pulls it right back down.  The other day she said she wants a baby sister named baby.  We'll see. lol

Have you discussed the foster stuff with K?  Does she know it's coming?

• Options

Aww your M is too cute! When K was just about 2 and I met my H everytime we used to kiss she would go "hhhheeeyyy" and try to pull my away. Too cute!

Yes after the lady comes we buy our things, she comes again and we will get licensed. Then we wait to get matched with an apprehended child. They then call us and we have the option of asking questions and accepting or rejecting the placement. I am so excited that unless the first call is a match with things I'm really against I will likely take it!

We have talked with K a lot, she is excited and keeps talking about "when the baby comes." We put together the crib yesterday and she was excited to help and then wanted to put her doll in the crib. I let her of course, and she thought it was pretty special. 

Our Girls
    AquinnahDori
  • Options
    I'm glad she's so excited about it.  It's going to be a big change for her (for the better).  :)  Have you requested a baby or are you open to older kids too?  I could FB you about all this if you want to keep it more private.  Just let me know.
  • Options

We are open to 0-2 but will take up to 4 only if it is part of a sibling group and 1 is under 2. So, yes we pretty much want babies.

You can FB me if you want, that way it send msgs to my inbox.

Our Girls
    AquinnahDori
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"