Pregnant after a Loss
Options

"Don't have the baby on ____" AH!

If my (step) mom tells me ONE MORE TIME, "Don't have the baby on _____", I will go crazy on her.  

I "can't" have her on Nov. 5th - unless its after 10pm because its my sister's last football game to cheer at and my mom has to be there.

I "can't" have her at all next week because that will mess up my sister's senior pictures that I'm supposed to take.  (newsflash - she'll be a senior until MAY.)

I "can't" do too much while taking said senior pictures next weekend because that could put me into labor and thus, my mom would have to choose between my sister's game and being here with me on Nov. 5th.  (Go to the game - its my third child, I can handle a newborn cry.) 

I "can't" have her on a Monday because my mom wants to come and she can't take off the entire week of work - so "try for a Wednesday" so she can come and stay through the weekend and not miss too much work. 

Every time she says one of these "you can't have the baby on....." I can feel my face get hot.  I just say, "Mom, if she comes, she comes and this point, I don't care what you'll miss -  *I* will be having a baby." 

/vent. 

Re: "Don't have the baby on ____" AH!

• Options

Kinda makes you want to have the baby on one of those inconvenient times just to annoy her ;)

• Options
    My mom kept doing that to me too! It really started to drive me crazy. I definitely have no control over when he comes, but thanks for the suggestion!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Babywearing, cloth diapering, formula and breastmilk feeding, still can't believe I'm a mom, momma to my little man, two furbabies, and two angel babies.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagecintim:

Kinda makes you want to have the baby on one of those inconvenient times just to annoy her ;)

YEP!!!!

With DS, they knew my due date for MONTHS and yet they scheduled a 10 day trip to IRELAND the week of his due date.  I ended up being induced 10 days early while they were there and had to call Ireland to tell them and see if they could get off the plane in Dallas where they had their layover for the return flight.  Who does that?!  Schedules an out-of -the-country trip when your grandchild is being born??  So no, I will not keep my legs together in hopes of avoiding one of those dates - I will have her when she wants to come out, or when I want her to come out, seeing as how its not THAT important to you to make your grandchildren's births!  :)

• Options
    Should we send vibes for a Monday delivery next week? Stick out tongue That is really annoying and I commend you for not completely going off on her!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Missed m/c at 17 weeks, partial molar pregnancy d&c 11/30/09
  • Options

OMG I can totally see why that would be annoying!  Like you have control over it, I mean really....  I hate when people do that because it's so selfish and to me is like them saying what I have to do is more important than your <fill in the blank>".

Grrr, I'm annoyed for you!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I hate that! All that matters is that you are having a baby and she gets here safely.

I get it all the time being due Christmas Eve.

BFP #1 9/23/09. Missed MC 10w3d D&C 11/3/09.

BFP #2 4/13/10. Bridget born 12/28/10

BFP #3 Finn born 8/11/15

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1cb8c4.aspx[/img][/url]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    How annoying!  Why is she acting as though you have any control over the situation?  I agree with the PP that I'd be hoping for the baby to come on any of the days she said not to go into labor on just to annoy her. :)
  • Options
    Haha, everyone I know wants it to be on their birthday, and we have like 5 family birthdays in the next 2 weeks, so it very well may happen.  Grrr.... why can't my kid have it's own bday?  I feel like whoevers bday it falls on (if anyones) is going to have some claim over my kid.  Wish they would all leave me alone too!
  • Options

imagedarkskyy:
    Haha, everyone I know wants it to be on their birthday, and we have like 5 family birthdays in the next 2 weeks, so it very well may happen.  Grrr.... why can't my kid have it's own bday?  I feel like whoevers bday it falls on (if anyones) is going to have some claim over my kid.  Wish they would all leave me alone too!

My mom's birthday was on the 18th and she actually said to me "Well I didn't get the present I really wanted for my birthday". 

UGH!  People need to be quiet.  We can't make the babies come out and no one would be happier than us if they gave us a little notice. 

BFP 8/26/09, Missed M/C 9 weeks 5 days BFP 2/03/12, M/C 2/13/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My mom s doing the same thing. I don't want to answer her calls anymore because she keeps going off that I can't have him until 11/5 or after because that's what she planned on. Newsflash mom: I am ready and if he is too then I am not going to be holding him in. I.have.no.choice.
  • Options

For the love of goats!!!  Balls, since I'm due 1/4 I get a billion "if you have your baby in December you can get a tax write off" or "maybe you'll have a New Year's baby."

Blah.

• Options
    imagecintim:

This!
    I married a ginger.
    m/c 12/25/09 (5w5d) mm/c D&C 4/9/10 (11w1d) Take home baby 2/22/11
    My boobies belong to cour10e
  • Options

Um, I'm sorry, but has this woman ever given birth? Does she not grasp the whole "going into labor isn't really something pg women can control" thing? Maybe next time she pulls this crap you ought to hand her your OB's phone # and say, "You know what, discuss it with him/her. I'm staying out of it!" Stick out tongue

But then, I also get very annoyed when people who should know better about a given subject talk (as I like to say) outta their a$$es.

• Options
    imagePeetiePie:

For the love of goats!!!  Balls, since I'm due 1/4 I get a billion "if you have your baby in December you can get a tax write off" or "maybe you'll have a New Year's baby."

Blah.

This!  I'm due on January 11th and I hear these same things!  My MIL's fave is "well, I hope we're not in the hospital on Christmas." 

I feel for you WinterMommy.  It's not as if you have ANY control over when your LO comes!  I mean, all you have to do is just tell your LO to stay put until her grandma is ready. Confused  Sheesh!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    imagePeetiePie:

Blah.

::runs head first into the wall::

• Options
    imageihearteddieboo:
    imagePeetiePie:

Blah.

This!  I'm due on January 11th and I hear these same things!  My MIL's fave is "well, I hope we're not in the hospital on Christmas." 

I feel for you WinterMommy.  It's not as if you have ANY control over when your LO comes!  I mean, all you have to do is just tell your LO to stay put until her grandma is ready. Confused  Sheesh!

Triple this as I am due 1/5 and everyone either says the tax write of thing, or Christmas baby, or better yet.... well your birthday is the 1/12 so maybe he will be late Surprise

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"