Special Needs
Options

Shoe recs for a non-walker?

DS needs shoes to wear at daycare. He is not walking or crawling, and I want to make sure we get some that won't impede his progress on those activities.

Any recommendations?

TIA!

Re: Shoe recs for a non-walker?

• Options

https://www.bestdressedchild.com/lbowhledroxs.html

The above has an ankle suppost.  Ds isn't walking yet, but his PT recommended ankle support and I found these.  She said they are perfect and they are cute. 

• Options
    This would depend on whether DS needs some type of foot support. If he doesn't specifically warrant it because of an anatomical difference, I'd go with something soft-soled with a wide-toe area--these are good for all sorts of reasons. Ones that we've tried...Robeez or pedipeds. You can get Robeez in all sorts of stores these days, including babygap if you want to be able to size them. Target also has some knock-offs. I don't think the quality of those is very good, but I guess if your indoors that's not a huge deal. Also, I've been wanting to try soft star shoes for my girls (and I'm thinking of sneaking a pair in for myself!). These look super comfy and even have enough support for running in! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS wore Robeez type shoes at daycare until he was old enough to go outside and play.  They took the babies out, but in a buggy thing so his feet never hit the ground. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    we have a variety of shoes but the ones that have been great are nike hightops that i got at a thrift store.  they support his ankle very well and are great in his stander.
  • Options

If your child is not walking, are you wanting shoes just to cover his feet or has the daycare requested them?  I only ask because most of the non-walkers in DD's nursery school do not wear shoes of any kind since they don't walk on the ground outside.  That being said, I always put shoes on DD's feet especially when she started crawling :)  When she was not walking, she wore Robeez (now a part of Stride Rite) or Stride Rite's prewalkers (she had this pair of Lil Kiri that I LOVED).  Once she started cruising and was just about to walk by herself, her PT suggested putting her in a more "classic" baby shoe style that had more support. 

These shoes all tend to be on the pricey side, but I will share with you a little secret---EBAY!  You can buy brand new shoes often for a fraction of the price.  For example, those Lil Kiri shoes I just mentioned are $35 on the Stride Rite website, but I just saw a brand new pair on ebay for 12.99 on a "buy it now" option.  Another trick...if you have a stride rite outlet near you, you can get last year's styles for a LOT cheaper!  I just bought a $40 pair of shoes for under $20 this weekend.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"