New York Babies
Options

how long is your commute?

debating a long commute so that I can work days again...  but not sure I want to commute into manhattan every day M-F...   (I live on SI) ... both kids are in preschool now... but still.  it's a long commute. 

how long of a commute are you willing to take?  how has it affected home life with the peanuts?  

Re: how long is your commute?

• Options

I live on Long Island and commute to downtown Bklyn everyday and it SUCKS!

If i didn't like my job so much I'd definitely look for one closer to home... It definitely eats up a lot of time with my LO at home.

:-(

BFP#1 2/23/09. Natural MC on 3/20/09 @ 8wks BFP#2 8/10/09. Born 4/23/2010 BFP#3 2/26/12. Stick Baby Stick! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    about an hour door-to-door on the subway.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Taking the express bus from Westerleigh to W 23rd was usually about 1-1.5 hrs, in bad traffic though that could easily be 2 hours +.
    Helene (Nova726)'s book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

imagesoozek205:
    about an hour door-to-door on the subway.

Me too.  55min-1 hour.  With 2 kids.  On the subway.  We're not popular.

3 IUI's and 2 IVF's later- Brady arrived. Born at 36 weeks after PUPPS and pre-e/HELLP.
    IUI- BFN IVF #1 -BFP! Allie is our 2nd IVF baby. Born at 36 1/2 weeks after pre-e again
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

• Options

imageNova726:
    Taking the express bus from Westerleigh to W 23rd was usually about 1-1.5 hrs, in bad traffic though that could easily be 2 hours +.

do you find the express bus is the shortest trip?   

• Options

For me it seemed to be.  The bus runs pretty frequently and otherwise I would have to take the bus to the ferry to the subway and then walk. 

It might depend on where you are on the island and where you're going in the city.  I got really spoiled with the ease of it though, I like to get on the bus and sleep or read and wake up close to my stop.

Helene (Nova726)'s book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"