Postpartum Depression
Options

I can't let go...

No matter what, I can't let go of worry...of anxiety...of issues.  My DD can be with my mom AND DH, two people I trust more than anyone in the world, and I can't go out and enjoy myself.  It's not that I worry about her with them, I know she's totally safe...it's that I am not home and feel guilty about it.  I don't know how to explain it. I feel like I just can't let go.  Anyone else ever feel this way?  I called some docs and left messages to schedule an appt to talk to someone....

Re: I can't let go...

• Options

I had the WORST anxiety leaving my son with other people at first. I would literally panic and it would take all I could to not have a full blown panic attack.

Do talk to someone. Being anxious is awful. Hang in there!

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Anxiety is THE WORST. I have anxiety issues. I've had them since way before I had kids, but the hormones definitely can trigger it.

Talk to your doctor. You might try baby steps when it comes to your panic. Maybe try leaving your LO for a little bit at a time until you start to feel better. Being a parent is a wonderful experience, but the world seems full of people who want to make mom's (in particular) feel guilty about everything. Don't feel guilty for taking time for yourself - every mom needs it. Maybe try a local playgroup. You can probably find lots of mom's dealing with the same feelings too, and it will help you get out and about in the meantime.

Good luck, mama!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I totally understand, I also had lots of anxiety when it came to leaving my son with anyone. Even with my husband, sisters, parents. Just seeing him being held by someone was very difficult, I would have to leave the room. And when my husband would insist I sleep or take a nap and he would take the baby, I would hear him crying and feel so guilty for taking that time for myself. But those feelings did go away. A close friend told me to take baby steps in terms of my anxiety. So little by little I would let people watch the baby for short periods of time and then come back to him. It got easier. I totally understand the feeling of not being able to let go, I felt hat way as well. But I eventually did and now I have no problem leaving the baby with my husband and family and there is no guilt there either. Just take your time and don't be hard on yourself. Take little baby steps. Maybe just go for a quick coffee with a friend and have your husband look after the baby. Or just a short walk. You can do it mama!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"