1st Trimester
Options

New here, but...low progesterone HELP!

Hi ladies...

So I've been lurking until I felt comfortable enough to post! Unfortunately I'm still VERY anxious/nervous about my pregnancy (I'm 5w5d) and to top it off I got some potentially bad news today when I went for my 2nd round of betas. I found out that while my 1st HCG number came back at almost 5,000, my progesterone was only 7. Of course its only one set of numbers and I get the results of Round 2 tomorrow, but I'm all doom and gloom already and spent most of the day really upset. 

Did anyone else have similar numbers on the first round and maybe got good news on the 2nd? Or give it to me straight if you didn't and I should brace myself. 

TIA ladies. 

Re: New here, but...low progesterone HELP!

• Options
    I'm not exactly sure what my numbers were, but my OB put me right on prometrium after my first blood draw.  Did your OB say anything about doing that?
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    She said that if my HCG doubles but progesterone is still low, she could give me something to help boost it. That worked well for you?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

After my first blood test at 3.5 wks, my progesterone was in the "grey" area and my doctor put me on Prometrium immediately and i am taking it for the entire 1st trimester  (you can see my beta #'s below).

ETA: so far, everything is going great.  We've already got to see and hear the heartbeat at 6.5 weeks. 

Doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Everything seems to be going to great, we had an ultrasound last Friday and saw the heartbeat.  I'm going in for a followup u/s next Friday just to be sure everything is still going okay since I do have a history of m/c.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

My betas have always been good.  With my m/c 2 months ago my progestrone was only 3.7.  My progestrone with this pregnancy was 9.05.  I've been on Prometrium ever since my very first blood draw as my OB suppleements anyone with a level below 20.

So far my babe looks great, saw a h/b yesterday.

Good luck, and try not to stress.  There's really nothing you can do.  I know that's easier said than done. 

image EBFing, CDing, Baby Wearing, Bed sharing, SAHM and loving every single minute of it! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Sushi Sister to Chatham2007
  • Options
    Wow, thank you so much!  I'm going to try to stay calm and be positive. Good luck to all of you too.
  • Options
    the moment my ob's office got my prog. results...mine were 9.7...they called in prometrium oral pill for me.  good luck!
  • Options

My progesterone was a 9.4 when I had my tests, so my dr gave me a prescription for suppositories.  I have 4 more weeks left (I am high risk due to a thyroid condition and she wants me on it longer than most).

My betas were very good and went up as they were supposed to but I had low progesterone.

DD#1 11/7/04 DS#1 6/24/06 Chemical Pregnancy 6/08 DD#2 1/28/10 after secondary infertility, Clomid, & acupuncture missed m/c 6/2010 at 8 weeks (baby stopped growing @ 5.5) DS born sleeping 1/13/2011 due to cord accident at 22 weeks. DD#3 3/10/2012
  • Options

At 5w5d my HCG was over 5,000 and progesterone was 9.2.  I was put on progesterone suppostitories that day until my 13th week.  I was so scared after my level came back low and google sent me into a tail spin, so DONT GOOGLE! 

Good luck to you!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"