Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

9 weeks post d&c still no period

I really like my Dr. and he has said that if by 10 to 12 weeks he will order some tests or give me medicine to start it but I am so nervous that something could be wrong. My last period was in May so it has been a LONG time now!!! Do you think I should find another OB, or just wait it out. Maybe if I call and tell him that I am really getting nervous he will see me now, but maybe I have no reason to be stressed about it. I am just ready to move forward and I feel like this is a constant reminder (the waiting). Thanks for letting me vent!!!!
Jackson arrived 7/7/08! BFP2 7.15.10 D&C 8.17.10 BFP3 8.10.11 MC 8.16.11 BFP4 9.22.11 MC 10.13.11

Re: 9 weeks post d&c still no period

• Im sorry for your loss.

Im not a doctor but I would say call your OB. Mine told me that AF should arrive 6-8 weeks after bleeding stopped. Better to be safe.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers ANGELS ARE GIVEN WINGS AND TAKEN BACK TOO SOON --- We love and miss you soo much Kacie Rae --- 9/11/10 --- born sleeping at 29wks2d
  • I would ask for blood work/ an ultrasound right away.  If the d&c did not get everything your HCG levels could still be up which would stop you from getting a period.  If there is still tissue in there it could require another D&C or medicine to get your cycle back on track.  I would not wait too much longer. 
  • Loading the player...
  • imagecherylanddoug:
    I would ask for blood work/ an ultrasound right away.  If the d&c did not get everything your HCG levels could still be up which would stop you from getting a period.  If there is still tissue in there it could require another D&C or medicine to get your cycle back on track.  I would not wait too much longer. 

This is what I would do..said perfectly :)

BFP~9/23/10 M/C @ 7 wks~10/7/10 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers <a href="http://s179.photobucket.com/albums/w291/grits2486/?action=view
  • So sorry for your loss, I would call your OB, I just went for my follow up and he said to call if there's no AF by 8 or 9 weeks after.  They can give you med to make it start...GL :)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I just passed the 8 week mark and no AF for me either. I did end up having a bit of retained tissue that needed to be removed. My doc said the tissue didn't affect AF (it was dead tissue and didn't show up in my bloodwork) but I have my doubts. She sent me home from the 2nd surgery with a script for Provera to induce a period if it doesn't come by next Thursday. Def call your doc!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks all! I called my ob today, his nurse called back to tell me he was out today but the she will definitely talk to him tomorrow and call me then. She said usually he is fine waiting until 10 to 12 weeks though. I even took a pregnancy test just to be sure it wasn't that I was either newly pregnant or just still showing I was pregnant. It just sucks to have to wonder what the issue is or if something is wrong :( Hope to have some answer tomorrow!
    Jackson arrived 7/7/08! BFP2 7.15.10 D&C 8.17.10 BFP3 8.10.11 MC 8.16.11 BFP4 9.22.11 MC 10.13.11
  • Call your doctor. My period didn't come until 12 weeks after my D&C at 12w5d.
    imageVincent Julian born on March 27th, 2013 DX with Down Syndrome image
    baby
      BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm very sorry for your loss.

I had a D&C in late May that was incomplete. Not that I knew at the time. My symptoms were continued light bleeding and positive home pregnancy tests and blood tests for weeks and weeks. I took cytotec to try to move the tissue but it didn't work. I went in for another ultrasound but they couldn't see anything suspicious. My period did finally come after 50-some days (I was still getting positive HPTs until AF arrived). By that time I'd called my RE and she had me come in for a hysteroscopy, a simple procedure with a camera that looks in your uterus. Even after AF I still had a lot of "retained products" and had to have a second surgery.

I hope your situation resolves faster than mine.

Take care.

Forty-something TTC since 12/2007 3 failed IVFs DE cycle #1: BFP then D&E at 12 weeks due to neural tube defect DE cycle #2: Chemical FET #1: BFN Lining issues, pursuing adoption
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"