Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Moms of boys, did you cut the baby mullet??

My son has very fine blonde hair.  It hasn't filled in yet but the back is super long.  It's starting to look pretty bad.  DH doesn't want to cut it but I want to. 

If you cut it did you take him to a haircut place or did you do it yourself?

Re: Moms of boys, did you cut the baby mullet??

• I've been cutting DS's hair for months.  It would be half way down his back by now if I hadn't.  no joke.

we did take him for an official haircut about 6 weeks ago.  I will continue to cut his hair for a while after that experience.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• LOL!  I thought I was the only one whose DS has this. 

I thought how it may be time for the haircut too, since its looking shaggy in the back and short in the front.

I'm curious what others have done.

photo notebook.jpg 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I've cut my son's hair a few times. It hasn't completely filled in in the front, but is pretty thick in the back.

I only like baby mullets if the hair is curly in the back.

J - 9/6/09 L and A - 1/17/12
  • We took him to a Great Clips. The lady working that day was awesome. We're going to make sure she's working next time he needs a cut. Eventually I'll start doing it myself, at least until he needs it to look 'cool'. I was worried about him looking bald because his hair is so wispy, but I noticed once he got it cut, it started growing in so much thicker.
  • I cut several inches off the back of DS#2's at 20 months. My oldest made it to 2 before his first haircut but he had tons of curls so his mullet wasn't noticeable:)
  • imagekiwi443:

This is DS's hair. Although we did get his hair cut, the curls are still there, and they're growing back. I may do it myself next time though. The lady didn't cut much and it cost $12 for it. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ive cut my little guys hair several times (he's 12 months). trying to even it out a bit, since it was long in the back (never fell out from birth) almost as long one one side (grew really fast) and than bald on the other side! it is finally looking even all over!

and yes, the baby mullet is only cute if its curly!!

• Heck no. Mason has these great, adorable curls that I can't let go. I'm not ready for him to look like a big boy.
  • We just cut the mullet yesterday. I didn't want to cut it but I couldn't stand the hockey hair that was going on some days. We went to a salon. She cut off a bit more than I wanted but I'm comforting myself by knowing it'll grow back. We are cool with him having longer hair but just want it even.

He also has fine blond hair.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers image
  • His first haircut was at 4 months old. He was born with a full head of hair and it never fell out, and he had this cowlick that made him look like Hitler. No joke!

The first time we took him to a kid's haircut place for a buzz. They only did and ok job, and they overcharged us. Now Dh buzzes him most of the time, but if I want him to look a little preppier I'll take him to sports clips for a proper fade. They're cheap and they do a good job.

• We attempted to cut Bryce's hair and it was an epic failure. For his past 8 cuts, we have taken him to a salon. (See siggy.)
  • imagekiwi443:

I've cut my son's hair a few times. It hasn't completely filled in in the front, but is pretty thick in the back.

This is my son - curly, longer hair in the back but it's straight in front. So I've been putting off his first haircut for awhile since I love those curls, but it's getting pretty long (fits in a ponytail, yes we tried it :) so I think it's about time for a cut. I'll be so sad to see those curls go, though- apparently DH had them as a baby/toddler but once they got cut off the first time they never curled again. :(

• DH was getting his haircut one day and we happened to be there with him.  DS has the same hair as your son...super blonde and really fine.  It's been growing slowly, but was getting long in the back (mullet!), so I decided we would just cut the back part off.  It looks so cute now!  That was about a month and a half ago.  The woman that cut his hair was great, and she taped a lock of his hair to a certificate they give out.

photo cec1e248-7430-4475-9668-04578f2fd00a.jpg 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Mine also has fine blond hair that is just strating to hang over his collar. I know we will cut it sometime in the next month, just can't decide which will be the best: for me to do it, barber, or kid place. I'm leaning towards giving it a try, but if I don't screw it up I think DH will make me start cutting his too, and for some reason I have an unnatural aversion to that idea.
    Um, yeah. The Bump be too crazy for pics of my kid.
  • We buzzed DS at home for the first couple times (born with a ton of hair that fell out in clumps).  It has been growing the last couple months and is a total shaggy curly mullet right now.  Totally out of control.

I am ready to cut it again, DH is not ... so for now it grows.  I think his next cut will be at a salon though, I want to get someone to give it some shape.

• We have a reverse mullet.  His hair is really long on top and short on the sides and in the back.  It's weird... and was a natural curly mohawk for a while.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"