Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

What is the best carseat nowadays? outgrowing the snugride

Looking for feedback on your convo carseat.  Will have to get one in a coming months.  recs are appreciated, thanks mommas!  
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: What is the best carseat nowadays? outgrowing the snugride

• Options
    Britax Roundabout is the #1 rated.  We have a Britax Marathon and a Britax Diplomat and we're happy  with both.
  • Options
    we bought the britax boulevard. it's great!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    A police officer who installed our car seat said that Britax ones are best, so that's what I plan on getting - not sure which one yet though.  I noticed your baby is 2 months.  How much does he/she weigh?  The weight limit on our snugride is 22 lbs.
  • Options
    Evenflo Triumph Advance DLX.  We love ours, and they area much cheaper than the Britax, and just as good.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    thank you ladies!  my girl is only 11 lbs but never too early to research and shop around!  Thanks  so much =)
    Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    From all my research (talking to the nurses at the hospital, car seat installer at the fire station, and other moms) the Britax are the best (no wonder they are expensive).  I read that the Britax Boulevard was the top rated in a brochure I received (I'm pretty sure from the hospital) amongst crash test ratings of all the car seats.  I'm just getting ready to buy one tomorrow.  The albeebaby.com website has 2 colors on sale ($60 off the regular price) and free shipping.
  • Options
    imagekbiddle:
    From all my research (talking to the nurses at the hospital, car seat installer at the fire station, and other moms) the Britax are the best (no wonder they are expensive).  I read that the Britax Boulevard was the top rated in a brochure I received (I'm pretty sure from the hospital) amongst crash test ratings of all the car seats.  I'm just getting ready to buy one tomorrow.  The albeebaby.com website has 2 colors on sale ($60 off the regular price) and free shipping.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagekbiddle:
  • Options
    imagekbiddle:
  • Options
    imagejessicada76:
    imagekbiddle:
  • Options
    imagejessicada76:
    imagekbiddle:
  • Options
    imagejessicada76:
    imagekbiddle:
  • Options

We got the Evenflo Triumph Advance LX and really like it. We started using it when DD was almost 5 months old b/c she screamed whenever she was in her car seat. We've had a lot of luck with this one and she's so much happier in it. It's not as expensive as a Britax which is nice. It also has great reviews and passes the side impact tests.

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3028986

Married 09*02*06
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Just wanted to share this article (or part of it) from the AAP and the link too, if you want to check it out yourself.

https://www.aap.org/family/healthychildren/07winter/buckleup.pdf

No one seat is ?best? or ?safest.? When choosing a car safety seat, remember: Cost is not an indicator of quality. All car safety seats available for purchase in the United States must meet very strict safety standards established and maintained by the federal government.

Fit is key. Before you buy, put your child in the seat and adjust the harnesses and buckles. Also, try installing the seat in your car to ensure it fits properly and securely.

• Options
    We also have the Evenflo Triumph LX and love it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

According to consumer reports, this is the list of car seats with the highest safety ratings:

Tied for #1:  Britax Roundabout and Evenflo Triumph with a score of 81

#3:  Cosco Alpha Omega Elite with a score of 80

#4:  Britax Marathon with a score of 58

The Roundabout is about $250 and the Evenflo is about $125-$150 and both have the same ratings.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

amynjay

I was just peeking in on the conversation and saw the picture of your daughter in front of the door....she is so beautiful. What a baby doll! 

• Options
    We have 2 Britax roundabouts.  We love them.  But I do have to say iinstalling them into the car wasn't fun.. I called Britax and they have a list of local police stations that will help you install it properly.
  • Options
    We have 2 Britax Marathons and love them.  They are super easy to install.  My mom has an Ediie Bauer seat and it was horrible to install- she took it to a firestation to have them do it.  I think the seat is good but installation was bad.  Our Britax have been super easy to use and seem comfortable for DS.  You can check Allbebaby.com and amazon.com for deals.
  • Options

image7/04Bride:
    The weight limit on our snugride is 22 lbs.

OMG! Thank you for stating this fact! I had thought it was 30 lbs. I'm going to check this out right now because if DS isn't already 22 lbs. he will be very shortly...

• Options
    I have a Britax Marathon.  It is super comfy!
  • Options

imagemrsmikey:
    Evenflo Triumph Advance DLX.  We love ours, and they area much cheaper than the Britax, and just as good.

Ditto.  I've heard lots of good things about this carseat and just purchased it.  I love how the straps are adjustable without having to take the whole thing apart. It's so easy!! 

• Options

We've got the Evenflo DLX too. We love it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"