Special Needs

We got final diagnosis

It isn't so bad, so why do I still feel crappy?  I thought I was going to get some closure but I still feel empty and uncertain.

The final results were that ds is not on the spectrum at all.  Some previous doctors questioned whether he was high functioning.  He is not.  The developmental pedi's findings are Disruptive Behavioral Disturbance, Developmental Delay, Hypotonia and Anxiety Disorder.

He did not put it in his diagnosis but in the write up he also acknowledged ds's sensory issues.  He said that ds has attention and impulse control issues, but he did not give an ADHD dianosis.  he said that it could be in his future, we just jave to wait and see.

I am a little confused about the Disruptive Behavioral Disturbance dianosis.  Everything I have read says that 3 things fall under this category...oppositional disorder, conduct disorder or ADHD.  Ds does not have oppositional or conduct disorder.  He may have adhd in the future.  So if this falls under Disruptive behavioral disturbance then doesn't this mean he has adhd?  I am confused about that diagnosis.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: We got final diagnosis

• Thanks auntie.  I guess I am frustrated because we have been going thru this for 5 years now and i thought that by now we would have some concrete answer.  Yet still I get this general diagnosis and the same answer I got at age 3...lets 'wait and see" where he goes.  I know I am in the same boat as many parents out there. 

I was also frustrated because I then got no suggestions of what to do. We were read all the observations and test results and then sent on our way.  Made me feel like I went thru the whole thing for nothing.  I feel like I am constantly going around in a circle. 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Docmay - I think you are not 'happy' about this dx because it does not clarify anything for you. Still no telling what the future holds for your DS. Looks like they took away one label and gave you 3 others instead. They also promissed another one later on - you know?

From your posts I think you are doing a great job treating your DS's symptoms of whatever the fancy dx du jour is. And I so hear you on the 'wait and see'...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"