Postpartum Depression
Options

is this PPD?

I feel like sometimes I'm detached from DS and from DH.  Most of the time, I'd much rather my mom or DH to hold him and care for him than do it myself. Theres no reason why I can't, I just don't want to and they're there. It kills me to think like this b/c he is the most precious baby ever, we worked hard to get him, and even harder to keep him in me. I am going to my OB tomorrow b/c I'm still bleeding off and on and I had him 3.5 months ago so I'll ask but wanted to talk to some of you!

I'm guessing this is either PPD or PTSD. I had a horrible pregnancy and was told I was losing him way too many times. I had emergency surgery at 19 weeks for a rescue cerclage and spent 15 weeks on in home or hospital bedrest. I spent most of my pregnancy scared and constantly worrying..and now I'm back to that but in a detached way. I was debating yesterday whether to go get him from daycare or go home and take a nap. Logically, I knew to go get him...but at that moment I really just wanted a nap. My Mom cares for him at night to let me get sleep to see if that helps but it's not I'm still overwhelmingly tired all day with a "eh" attitude.

Does this sound like PPD? PTSD?

TIA!

Re: is this PPD?

• Options

I would honestly say this is some type of PPD. The detachment is a major sign. Also wanting to sleep so you don't have to deal with life and feeling "eh".

All things that I felt. Talk to your OB. Seek the help. Trust me when I say the help will change your life. I had no hope, I felt so detached and overwhelmed and now with the help of meds and counseling, wow what a fresh start.

Good luck! Take care of yourself. Your baby deserves it and you deserve to enjoy your baby!

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

It sounds like both. That is a traumatic event and it can cause symptoms of both. You don't have to be sobbing all the time for it to be depression. The withdrawing from your baby or DH is a classic sign of PPD. 

I hope a doctor can get it sorted out for you. And the best thing I did was therapy with my meds. It helped SO much and it is especially important if you do have PTSD. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"