Potty Training

I just can't buy into the 3 day PTing...anyone else?

Just wondering...Please prove me wrong b/c I would love to believe I could really PT my child in 3 days. 
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: I just can't buy into the 3 day PTing...anyone else?

• I don't have first hand experience... we'll going to do it next weekend... but it makes a lot of sense to me!! "cold turkey" can be a great method, IMO!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It worked for us!  And we only had 2 1/2 days... we started on a Friday afternoon and by Sunday she had 2 accidents in the a.m. and then was good.  She has had the occasional accident since then, but only a couple.  I was hesitant on the nap/night time part, but DD almost always woke up dry anyway and was insistent on wearing "big girl" underwear to bed too.  No sleep accidents so far, and we are on week #4.  Try it, you never know!
  • Loading the player...
  • I bought the PT in 3 days book (not sure if that is the same as the emailed method) and tried it. The only adjustment I made was pull-ups at nap and night because she is no where near dry. We call the pull-ups "underpants" and she wants to keep them dry. After 3 days she was no where near PT'd, but after a week and a half she is fully pee PT'd (she will not poop on the potty).

For us the 3 day method was a good starting point. We made a big deal of no more diapers and that really helped us. Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Read it and then decide.  The 3 day method was NOT for us.  We took another approach to PT and it was still a relatively quick and painless process.  It works for some people, but not everyone.  But it's not the only way to PT a child.  And if you do decide to do it, I think the key is that your child really is showing all the signs of readiness the book discusses. 

It just didn't really jive with my parenting style and I didn't think my DS would react well to it.  I suppose my method could be considered an altered form of the 3 day method, but there really aren't too many ways to do it in the end.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My mom did it for me, said it worked. :-)
  • My DD wasn't trained after 3 days but it was such a huge starting off point that I give it a lot of credit.

• I definately think it could work, but just depends on your child.  I started to do it, but wasn't working, so we took a break and now my DS is going on the potty more regularly. 
  • imageSmores730:

My DD wasn't trained after 3 days but it was such a huge starting off point that I give it a lot of credit.

Yes same here. I used it but was off with dd for the summer and did it gradually. I did go cold turkey with the underwear. Dd stays dry throughout the might and is a pee pee pro but poop is a different story lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"