Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

how much does/did your 6 wk old weigh?

DS has been back to the dr. 3X for over-eating issues, we have tried zantac for possible reflux but pedi keeps telling me his weight gain is "normal."  He's huge, I mean HUGE.  He's in 6 mos. clothing.  He was born 8 lbs 8 oz and he's 15 lbs.  I'm really starting to get concerned.
Our miracle IVF baby - D 6/09 & J - Surprise! born 9/10!!!

Re: how much does/did your 6 wk old weigh?

• Options

Not to freak you out...but my almost 8 week old started at 7lbs, 13oz and weighed 9lbs, 5oz at 1 month.  She is maybe 11 now...

Good luck.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I know.  All of the posts on here about weight don't even come close to my DS.  Most babies who were born bigger were about 9-11 lbs at the one month mark when I asked.  I don't understand why they are telling me it's normal.  He's almost doubled his birth weight at 6 weeks. 
    Our miracle IVF baby - D 6/09 & J - Surprise! born 9/10!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Get mad and demand answers - or switch to a different pedi if you're not happy.  That's what I would do, anyway.
  • Options
    My DS was born at 8lbs11oz, but dropped down to 8lbs.6oz. and then at 8 weeks he weighed 12lbs9oz.
    Brady (7.15.10) and Nolan (5.11.13)
  • Options
    DD was 7lbs 15oz when she was born. She dropped down to 7lbs 7oz and at 5 weeks 6 days weighed 10lbs 14oz. She also has been eating 5-6oz every 3-4 hours because she's been going through a growth spurt. Some babies just need to eat more and some babies just weigh more. I agree with pp, though, and if it really bothers you, get a second opinion or switch pediatricians. The funny thing about DD is that she is only 21 inches long, but she doesn't look chubby at all. I don't know where it all goes!
  • Options
    She is now about 10 lbs.
  • Options
    my son was 8lbs 6oz. at birth and he too is 6 weeks old...today! He now weighs 14lbs and is also in 6mo clothes....
  • Options
    DS started off at 7lbs 11oz and at 5 weeks weighed 12 lbs even. By 6 weeks I'm sure he had gained another pound. Now at 7 weeks he can't squeeze into almost anything 0-3. He's also pretty big.
    Gavin Alexander
    8/25/10
  • Options
    He was born 8.14, left hospital at 8.6. At his 6 week appt. he was 12.1.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

born: 9lb 4oz 21.5"

6wk: 12lb 12oz 23.75"

• Options
    my DS is almost 9 weeks and he's in 6mo clothes and size 3 diapers. he weighs about 17lbs. youre not alone.
  • Options
    my guy was born at 8lbs8oz and now weighs about 12 lbs.  We're going to be in 3-6 month clothing within the next week or so.  Most of his weight is in his length, not chub, although he does have the cutest chubby cheeks ;)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Born: 8 lbs 13 oz

5 weeks: 11 lbs 4 oz

9 weeks: 15 lbs 2 oz

He's just a big boy :) Mine is now 12 wks, and I don't know how much he weighs now, but he's definitely hefty :) He's in size 3 diapers, and busting out of 3 month clothes. 3-6 month clothes fit fine. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"