Potty Training

Night time potty training regression

We potty trained Natalie in July.  She has been staying dry (day and night) for over two months now, until this past week.  I'm not sure what happened but she's wetting the bed (only at night) almost every night over the last week and half.  I'm not sure what changed and thus, I'm not sure what to do to help get her back on track.  It usually happens around 5 a.m. and although she'll go back to sleep after I change her and the sheets, I can't get back to sleep very well before I have to turn around and get up at 6-6:20.  I'm exhausted again.  I've heard toddlers can have regressions.  I've ruled out a UTI.  Any suggestions on what to do to get her back to staying dry all night?  I'm not sure if I should ride it out and hope it ends in the next week, put her back in diapers at night (I don't think she's going to like this idea), or wake her up before we go to bed (which is only 1.5 hr after she goes to bed) to go potty.  If she hadn't already been night time trained, I wouldn't think anything of her wetting the bed but because she did fine for 2 months, it seems like she's capable of holding it overnight and that's not the issue.  TIA for the help.
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Night time potty training regression

• I know how you feel. Olivia regressed with pooping. Have you tried stopping her fluid intake 2 hours before bed? We do this. We give sips of water if she needs it
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't really have any advice just to say that you are not alone. DS has done this twice and I don't understand it. He slept in underwear for 6 months with only 1 accident at night then all of sudden he started wetting the bed again. After 2 weeks, we decided to put him back in diapers at night...it was disrupting both of our sleep as well as really upsetting him. He slept in diapers again for about 3 months and was occasionally dry. He had 2 weeks of being dry every morning so we went back to underwear at night. He did great for about 2 months then started wetting the bed again...we are now back in diapers at night and he is usually wet in the morning.

I am not sure what the answer is or why he is doing it. I chose to go back to diapers because he got so upset when he would wake up wet. He is not a fan of diapers but doesn't complain too much. 

Also, we tried limiting his liquid intake at night and it didn't seem to make a difference. He would get a cup of milk with his dinner at 6pm then nothing else before bed at 8pm and he would still wet the bed. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"