Detroit Babies

Newborn snoring??

Did your LO snore during the night as a newborn?  My LO's breathing is so noisy during the night!  We took him to the pediatrician and nothing is wrong with him - no fever, is eating well, normal amount of wet/stool diapers.  We had him sleeping in the newborn rock and play sleeper from Fisher Price in our bedroom and are thinking it's time for him to sleep in his room in his crib since his snoring is keeping us up at night!  Thoughts??

Re: Newborn snoring??

• Yes our ds snored, and grunted all day and night :)  Our ped told us that it was because the nasal passages are so tiny.  It has gotten better, but he still does it and I've asked at each one of his checkups and the ped isnt concerned since ds can breathe.
    Mommy's little helper :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagebeewltched:
    Yes our ds snored, and grunted all day and night :)  Our ped told us that it was because the nasal passages are so tiny.  It has gotten better, but he still does it and I've asked at each one of his checkups and the ped isnt concerned since ds can breathe.

This exactly.  It can also be referred to as "Infant Congestion".  My DS still does it.

Gabriel Joseph 6/13/2010
    BFP#2: 8/14/11 M/C 8/30/11 6w1d
    BFP #3: 10/26/11
    Beta #1 @11dpo: 22 Beta #2 @13dpo: 90 Beta #3 @17dpo: 480
    Missed m/c 12w3d 12/28/11, d&c 12/30/11
    dx Homozygous C677T MTHFR image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Phew!  I'm relieved!  I keep worrying he has some breathing or lung problem, but I'm relieved to know that it's not just him!  Thanks ladies! 
  • My Ds cries in his sleep, snores, grunts, whines, etc. He was put in his crib from day one.
    DS has acid relux and milk protein allergy, and had torticollis, used to EP, now we FF . April siggy 3-6 month
    We're Finally Three imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Born 7lb, 15oz, 21-1/4, 2 mo - 12lbs, 14oz. 25", 3mo - 14lb, 4oz 26in , 4 mo - 16lb, 1oz, 26 3/4 in, 5 mo 18 lb, 4oz 27-3/4 in, 6 mo 28 3/4 in 19lb, 14oz
  • My daughter did and it improved when we got a cool mist humidifier for her room.  Their little nasal passages are more sensitive to dry air than we are and with fall coming the air is drying out and its allergy season.  Hope he sounds better soon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DD1, Kathleen 9/15/2007

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"