Detroit Babies

Registry Question

I am registering at BRU & Target - I was going to put items on both registries where I could but Jason thinks that is just asking for trouble.  I thought it would be a good idea in case one person visits BRU vs Target or vise versa...

I planned on keeping an eye on the registries and deleting an item off of one when it was purchased from another store.  

Thoughts from the pros?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Registry Question

• Maybe smaller inexpensive things, but I'm not sure I'd do bigger items.  I kind of agree with your DH.
    Mommy's little helper :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Target has a sh!tty return policy.  This may work against you in the end. 

Plus you never know when people will start buying off of it, we sent our invites out on Friday and there are already items bought off of the registry and I still haven't fixed the things that DH 'accidentally' added.  Now that has to be my priority this week :(

• Loading the player...
  • I agree about targets registry. I would register at buy buy baby if that is possible for you. It has a great return policy and you get 20% off.

I also think it is asking for trouble. A LOT of my stuff was bought the day before or the actual day of the shower so it would be hard to delete stuff.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • I agree- I think it's asking for trouble.  I've heard of people having issues with both Target and BRU- certain items not always being taken off the registry or it taking a while for it to be reflected on-line.  I know Target's return policy is horrible too!  Are you just worried about people not having a BRU close by- is that why you want a second registry?  I just wonder because I don't think Target has a great baby department in general.  They're good for stuff like diapers and wipes, but I think their selection of baby gear is extremely limited. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thank ladies - I think I'll just do the "big" stuff on BRU and the smaller, fun stuff on Target.  You all make very good points.  I wish I could register for BBB but it's not close to where our family & friends live at all - so it'd be a hike or an online order, neither of which I believe will happen.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • My BRU registry was kind of a nightmare. ?There were a TON of things that were bought but were never taken off of the registry. ?It also said that 3 bumbo seats were bought for us even though we only registered for one and only received one. ?Some items we did receive twice and they NEVER showed up purchased. ?But, with that being said, I didn't have any problems making returns or exchanges at BRU. ?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I wouldn't do it.  Target's return policy can be a hassle (although thankfully we didn't have any issues) and I wouldn't want the nightmare if you get multiples.  Have fun!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.
    In all your ways acknowledge Him,and He shall direct your paths.
    Proverbs 3:5-6

• I am registered at both places as well. I just looked up items and cost compared between the two and put them on the registry at the store where it was less expensive or available in store vs. online. I would avoid putting the same items on both registries to save yourself the hassle of returns and duplicates. Sometimes it takes a while for the registires to update, sometimes people forget to give the cashier the registry thing to scan, etc. Also, don't forget that the more you register through BRU, the more you can get at the discounted rate later on (because they give you a % off all remaining items).
  • Yea i agree with DH.  I wouldn't sign up for the same thing at both places.  Maybe register for things like certain outfits/diapers/wipes/baby wash at Target so people that want to go there have some options?
  • I did both and only registered for duplicates of things I'd need multiples of (i.e. burp cloths, swaddling blankets, crib sheets, diapers, etc).  Don't forget to register for books :)

Large items are a pain to return no matter what the return policy, though I got a bunch of random stuff at Target I didn't want (off the reservation never would buy) from someone and was able to return it all with gift receipts.  I've not seen their "horrible policy" first hand but have heard others complain about it.

DD1, Kathleen 9/15/2007

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"