Texas Babies
Options

Photography Locations?

I am having my family Christmas photos taken in a few weeks and can't decide on a location for them. Nothing will be decorated for the holiday yet and I was hoping for that "holiday/winter" feel. 

My suggested options so far are the Japanese Tea Gardens and the Botanical Gardens. I have not been to either of them (fairly new to SA). Any suggestions on other locations or opinions on one of those options over the other?

TIA! 

Re: Photography Locations?

• Options

Haven't been out to the tea gardens in awhile but I did a session last weekend at the botanical gardens and many of their trees have started turning colors so you could at least get a "fall-ish" vibe out there. Just an FYI they did raise their rate to $8.

Other than that, areas around brack park are nice like maybe that wood bridge buy UIW campus....or even Landa Library. Landa Library has been my go to place lately but its definitely more green right now, very lush but not fall or wintery.

HTH!

• Options

thanks for all the info! Where is this wood bridge you are talking about? It sounds neat! I will look up the Landa Library, never heard of it :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options

If you go down hildebrand towards UIW you'll take a right going towards the San Antonio Zoo and its on the right hand side.

Landa Library is across from Trinity Campus on Shook St.

Just to give you an idea...

This was done at the Botanical Gardens: https://cbkstudios.wordpress.com/2010/10/13/sneak-peek-the-b-bunch-san-antonio-family-photographer/

These were done at Landa Library:

https://cbkstudios.wordpress.com/2010/10/10/the-g-family-san-antonio-family-photographer/

These were done at Landa Library and Pearl Brewery:

https://cbkstudios.wordpress.com/2010/10/07/cara-jeff-san-antonio-engagement-photographer/

• Options
    wow thanks! i love that 1st photo at the Botanical Gardens :) That spot almost doesn't even look real!
  • Options

Yeah, that's the only place I've found that looks fall-ish.

You can't really get wintery until January, when the temps get below freezing overnight. That's when you spray your trees with the hose before you go to bed and then in the morning you have icicle trees Big Smile

• Options

It's going to be hard to find something "wintery" here- GL! We took pics w/ Beth this morning at the Japanese Tea Gardens and I think it's a stunning location!!! Not very wintery though... 

You might have better luck at the Botanical Gardens, but I'm not sure....  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    image*GregsGirl*:

Yeah, that's the only place I've found that looks fall-ish.

You can't really get wintery until January, when the temps get below freezing overnight. That's when you spray your trees with the hose before you go to bed and then in the morning you have icicle trees Big Smile

Can you kinda tell me where that area (photo #1) is once I get there? I heard the gardens are pretty big! I'll be in high heals :) 

• Options
    When you first walk in to the gardens you'll go to the right through the archway. Its this little pond area....can't remember what they call it...but its next to the Sensory Garden for the blind. Just walk straight through the archways and you'll hit it. It has a fence around it.
  • Options

image*GregsGirl*:
    When you first walk in to the gardens you'll go to the right through the archway. Its this little pond area....can't remember what they call it...but its next to the Sensory Garden for the blind. Just walk straight through the archways and you'll hit it. It has a fence around it.

thanks!!!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"