Trying to Get Pregnant

BFP on IC then a BFN on FRER

I am done with these IC's. I got a pink line almost immediately, ran out and got a FRER and BFN. 

I'm really upset, it really got my hopes up. Now I am really going to drink at that wine festival today. REALLY!

I hope there are some REAL BFP's on the board today. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: BFP on IC then a BFN on FRER

• Yup, peed in a cup.
  • Hmm, you had a pretty big temp drop today.  Did you read the IC within the time frame?
  • Loading the player...
  • Well, that messes with your emotions! Could the IC be more sensitive?
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility

TTC #1 
    IUI's #1 - #3 Clomid = BFN's, IUI #4 Follistim = BFP
    Grayson arrived via emergency c-section on 7/28/12!

TTC #2 
    IUI's #1 - #4 Follistim = BFN's
    IVF #1 w/ ICSI + PGS: Lupron/Follistim/Menopur
    ER 4/13 - 19R, 13F, 4 PGS tested embryos, 1 normal
    5/14 FET: BFP. Beta #1: 123, Beta #2: 327, Beta #3: 854
    Cora arrived 1/23/15 via RCS!
  • Do you have another IC?
  • Don't give up hope, yet.  Test tomorrow!

Good luck!  I hope the IC was right!

• imageKdgTeacher:
    Hmm, you had a pretty big temp drop today.  Did you read the IC within the time frame?

Line was there about 30 seconds in and got darker within 2 minutes.

The temp dip is a big sign af will be here tomorrow but the spotting stopped so I figured I should dip one more in the fmu before going to a wine festival at 3. 

• imagenpilcher506:
    Do you have another IC?

Should I dip another IC? I haven't dumped the cup yet. Seems like a waste after a BFN frer.

• Dip another and see what happens.
  • imagejesh1111:

imagenpilcher506:
    Do you have another IC?

Should I dip another IC? I haven't dumped the cup yet. Seems like a waste after a BFN frer.

I would! It's just an IC right? Good luck!!

• At risk of making myself sound like a complete moron, I will tell you my mistake with the IC's when I first started using them. I ordered both OPK's and HPT's.  I accidently used the OPK's, and of course got a faint line, got super excited..then noticed I had opened the wrong ones. I saw that the end of your test was pink, my OPK's are pink and HPT's are blue. Hopefully this is not the case for you.
  • I will never buy FRER again.  Their lines were so much more faint than the $ store tests and the Answer tests I got last cycle (ended in m/c).  Same thing happened with my son.  Faint line on an Answer, - with FRER.  I'm of the opinion that they aren't near as sensitive as the Answer brand.  Take a digital!  If the IC is faint then the digital will for sure be +! 
  • I also had a HUGE temp dip, just like yours, the cycle I got pg with my son.  Don't lose hope just yet!
  • imagenpilcher506:
    At risk of making myself sound like a complete moron, I will tell you my mistake with the IC's when I first started using them. I ordered both OPK's and HPT's.  I accidently used the OPK's, and of course got a faint line, got super excited..then noticed I had opened the wrong ones. I saw that the end of your test was pink, my OPK's are pink and HPT's are blue. Hopefully this is not the case for you.

nope these are HPTs, called the amazon seller last month and they are now making them pink. 

• you say you ran out to get the FRER?  How long between tests?  I've heard that if the urine sits out it will not give accurate results

TTC since 2010

lots of IUIs and 1 IVF all BFNs

FET currently on hold

photo guiness-1.jpg

• Dipped 2 more IC's both BFN, still a line on the old test. Just a bad test I guess.

DH could even see the line, it was pink, he was excited too. We are bummed.

FRER worked for me with DS so I trust it's BFN.I really dont think the IC's are more sensitive.

SO, those out there using the pink IC's watch for false positives! 

• imagejesh1111:

imagenpilcher506:
    At risk of making myself sound like a complete moron, I will tell you my mistake with the IC's when I first started using them. I ordered both OPK's and HPT's.  I accidently used the OPK's, and of course got a faint line, got super excited..then noticed I had opened the wrong ones. I saw that the end of your test was pink, my OPK's are pink and HPT's are blue. Hopefully this is not the case for you.

nope these are HPTs, called the amazon seller last month and they are now making them pink. 

Good to know!! Was that ever disappointing!! So glad I noticed before my husband walked through the door and we both had to go through itEmbarrassed

• imagejesh1111:

Dipped 2 more IC's both BFN, still a line on the old test. Just a bad test I guess.

DH could even see the line, it was pink, he was excited too. We are bummed.

FRER worked for me with DS so I trust it's BFN.I really dont think the IC's are more sensitive.

SO, those out there using the pink IC's watch for false positives! 

So sorry! Good to know though. Enjoy yourself at the festival!!

• I'm so sorry, that would be so disappointing and upsetting :-( Good luck if you test again tomorrow. *Hugs*
  • That has to be so frustrating! I am very sorry. :(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Sorry, Jess.  Sad That is super frustrating.
  • so sorry....I'm sure that is really frustrating.  *hugs*
  • imagenpilcher506:

I totally did this last month (my first month using ICs). I briefly got excited but almost instantly realized what I'd done. I was soooo excited to see that 2nd line.  *sigh* Hopefully someday soon for all of us!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"