Boston Babies
Options

Daycare in Boston/Cambridge (sunrise learning academy)?

I live in Boston and work in Cambridge, and I have only found Bright Horizons and Sunrise Learning Academy. for infant care.  Sunrise Learning Academy is significantly cheaper, but I can't find any reviews for the quality.  Has anyone used this daycare?  They moved into a space that Bright Horizons used and it is very convenient to my apartment, but I would love to hear from parents who may have infants under their care.  Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  TIA!

Re: Daycare in Boston/Cambridge (sunrise learning academy)?

• Options
    Did you ever find any information about Sunrise Learning Academy? Where have you decided to send your child?
  • Options

My son was at Sunrise for 7 months.  Initially we thought that it was a reasonable place and liked the teachers (there was some turnover but it was generally a stable situation).  I thought that the small infant teachers generally were very loving with the babies and generally did as much as they could with them.  Recently however, there was a lot of flux teachers, the rooms, etc.  And they even wanted my 9-10 month old to start sleeping on a mat (most daycares start this >15 months).  I also did not see as much caring or attention given to my son.  The space the bigger babies was in was also not big enough for emerging crawlers and walkers.  There were not enough toys.  The whole placed seemed very boring for a interested and inquistive older infant.  We occasionally do backup daycare at a Bright Horizons in the area and I was much more pleased with the organization, cleanliness, and general atmosphere at there.  In the end, you get what you pay for....

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"