Pregnant after IF

5dt IVF ladies please come in...

Happy Friday everyone! I'm lurking over here from IF board, and wanted to ask you all a question. I had my 5dt on Tuesday, so I'm just a few days into my 2ww and already making myself crazy! I'm one of "those" girls who absolutely HAS to POAS... So, how soon should I do it?  How early did you get your BFP?

I know...I know...I need to calm down and not think about this, but the anticipation is killing me. I feel a lot going on down there right now and I just want to know when I could realistically expect a BFP.

Thanks ladies! Zip it!

Our 1st IVF miracle, Briggs Sterling, born via c-section due to IUGR and footling breech. 6.5.11. 5:51am. 5lbs 1.5oz.

The Sunny Side of Life Blog Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 5dt IVF ladies please come in...

• I pretty much POAS every day from 2dp5dt until my beta.  I was obsessed!  I got a BFP at 4dp5dt in the afternoon.  The morning test was negative, but by about 4pm, there was a definite line. It was wierd. 

And I'm having twins...so maybe that is why I got a BFP soon? Who knows...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I always started POAS 3dp5dt. 

With IVF #1 I got my first BFP on 5dp5dt and with IVF #2 I got my first BFP at 4dp5dt.

GL!

• Loading the player...
  • Best of luck!  Hoping for your BFP!

I got a BFP at 4dp5dt... BUT I wouldn't say I recommend testing that early.  I am the most impatient person in the world and should have waited a day or 2 longer.  (Although I was thrilled to have gotten a positive!)  

Mom to Boy/Girl twins born 8/2005 (IUI+inj.) 1st IVF= failed 11/2009 (IVF) Lost identical twins 3/10 (FET #1)Early m/c 6/2010 (FET #2) Twin Boys! Born 3/21/2011 @ 36w3d
  • Whew! You ladies are awesome! Thanks for making me feel better. I might have to test tomorrow... So many early positive HPT's is making me excited. Cautiously excited ;)
    Our 1st IVF miracle, Briggs Sterling, born via c-section due to IUGR and footling breech. 6.5.11. 5:51am. 5lbs 1.5oz.

The Sunny Side of Life Blog Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had a 3DT but I tested out the trigger on 5dp3dt and got a BFP at 6dp3dt, I think that was a pretty early BFP though.  I think a good average time for a correct test is 12dpo or 7dp5dt for you.  

GOOD LUCK

• I waited until beta but I jsut wanted to wish you luck!
  • with both of my IVF's I started POAS the day before transfer (to test out my trigger and be sure that I wasn't seeing a false positive).

For IVF #1 I was trigger negative at 5dp3dt and I got my bfp at 9dp3dt.

For IVF #2 I was trigger negative at 3dp5dt (AM) and I got my bfp at 3dp5dt (PM) yes, I tested twice in one day (actually I tested more than that, but that's all I'm willing to admit to!)

• 4dp5dt = bfn with FMU on a FRER, then a very, very faint BFP around 11 AM on FRER.  Pregnant on a digital around 5 that day
    DX: PCOS * Success with IVF

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • i tested out my trigger before my transfer. then i started testing on 4dp5dt and on 5dp5dt i started getting faint lines. I went in for my beta on 9dp5dt.

I just want to wish you good luck!!!

• I didn't test until 7dp5dt and got my BFP.  I was scared to test too early.
    My IVF twins born at 33w6days by c-section due to twin A being IUGR Rylan born at 2:54pm weighing 2lb 8oz, 14.5 inches Emma born at 2:55pm weighing 5lb 5oz, 18 inches Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagesail123:
    I waited until beta but I jsut wanted to wish you luck!

same here. good luck!

IVF, acupuncture, meditation and a miracle. 

Our sweet Valentine's Day FET.

• We did an FET, which would have been the same as a 6dt and I didn't test until 5 days past.  It was very obviously positive with FMU that day.  GL!!
  • With IVF #1 I didn't test at all.  With my FET I tested 7dp and I got my first BFP.  My blast was either frozen at 5 or 6 days.  Good luck!!!
    Dec '09 IVF #1 = Epic Fail Feb '10 FET #1 = Epic Success!
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." - Henry David Thoreau
    formula-feeding, co-napping, sposie-using, baby-wearing, ap-ish mamma! Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I POAS at 5dp5dt and got a very, very paint positive. I tested again 6dp5dt and it was much darker. 

Good luck!! 

IVF Twins...two boys! Pregnancy Ticker
  • I would always wait until 7dp5dt to POAS, but even then I wouldn't loose hope if it's a BFN...my first beta for my fouth IVF was 8dp5dt, and that morning I POAS and it was negative.  I was heartbroken...until I got the call from my blood draw saying I was pregnant, but it was only 11.  Two days later (10dp5dt) it was 37 (still too low to show up on a HPT!) and then two days after that (12dp5dt) it was 114 (and finally showed up positive on an HPT).  Now I'm 12 weeks pregnant with a perfect, healthy little one!

So basically, I don't trust HPT's or POAS! :)

• I waited for beta on 7dp5dt... as soon as I got the call, I used a FRER and a faint line popped right up.  Good luck.
  • I didn't get a BFP until 6dp5dt.  Also, the dollar tree cheapie tests kept saying BFN, so use a FR.  GL!
  • The afternoon of 5dp5dt I got a BFP on a digital.  A miracle digital since my beta the next morning was only 14!
  • I got a + on a FRER 7dp5dt

Good luck!!

Our IVF Miracle Arrived 2.26.11! <a href="http://s790.photobucket.com/albums/yy188/KikiGee/?action=view
  • No POAS here :D I held out for beta. Good luck!!!
  • I got a negative with FMU at 5dp5dt two days later I was in the hospital for the first drain of a severe case of OHSS. My beta was 87 (7dp5dt).
    TTC with severe MFI since 9/08 IVF w/ ICSI #1 May/June 2010= BFP twins
    Callan George and Bennett Charles born and died 11/7/10
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    FET #1 April 2011= BFN
    FET #2 July 2011= no transfer because my lining sucked
    FET #3 February 2012= BFP! 1st beta 9dp5dt=314 2nd beta 11dp5dt=977 1st U/S 3/20 Twins- Heart rates of 111 and 138 Pregnancy Ticker
    Living After Losing
  • I'm another non-POASer, waited until beta, but I just wanted to wish you GL!!

• I got some suuuper light lines on 6dp5dt and the real deal on 7dp5dt, but when I went in for my beta (9dp5dt) it was only 44.9 and my nurse was surprised that I had tested positive on anything at all.

If it won't stress you out too bad, wait until right up on your beta.

After 2 losses, IVF #2 brought us our little boys.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Now we're waiting on our miracle baby ... a little GIRL!!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I was a POASaholic too.  We did a FET, so I got my BFP on 4dpFET.  I think the embryo was frozen on day 5 or 6.   The line was so faint though, that I was in total denial.  I took 9 more tests in 4 days.  My Dh thought/thinks I'm crazy. :)
    Diagnosis - MIF - FUIF!
    #1 12R, 7M, 5F - 2- 3dt BFN - 1 totsicle became our DD.
    TTC#2 since 1/12
    IVF #2 - 10R, 6M, 5F - 1 5dt of a morula= BFN none to freeze.
    IVF #3 (blegh) Long Lupron Protocol
    ER 8/23 12R, 7M, 2F - 2 beautiful 3d 8/26
    +HPT 9/3 beta #1 9/10= 78.5 #2 9/12 = 136 #3 9/14 319 #4 9/17 890 #5 9/21 2119
    Little B is where he needs to be. HB 9/24. no HB 10/3. Missed m/c @ 8w. D&C 10/5 :(
    IVF #4 - Antagonist Protocol
    ER - 17R, 14M, 9F - 1 beautiful blast 12/13 (Our anniversary), 3 more FROZEN!! WOO HOO!
    +HPT 12/17 beta #1 12/27 = 1654 (um hells to the yeah), beta #2 12/31 = 6994, 1st u/s= 1/8 (fingers firmly crossed) = HB 125. You rock little one.
    Please, Please Stick. Mommy, Daddy and Big Sis love you so much.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Our Totsicle is getting so big!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagekkghotty:

I pretty much POAS every day from 2dp5dt until my beta.  I was obsessed!  I got a BFP at 4dp5dt in the afternoon.  The morning test was negative, but by about 4pm, there was a definite line. It was wierd. 

And I'm having twins...so maybe that is why I got a BFP soon? Who knows...

This exactly...except for the twins part! I also started at 2dp5dt which I admitted was ridiculous but couldn't help it.  AM test was BFN, PM test was BFP. Good luck!!

DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
  • we did a 5dt...i tested on 4dp5dt and got a negative ( at least i knew my trigger was out i told myself) then on 5dp5dt i got a VERY faint positive using FMU and the rest of the day had neg.....then 6dp5dt i tried again also got a faint positive...tested on a digital and it came back positive!  FWIW i NEVER got a dark line this pregnancy
    1 chemical and 1 loss at 9 weeks prior to DS
    IVF #1 1/10-transfered 2 blasts- DS born 10/2010

Trying for # 2 since 2012.  2 failed FETS 1 failed IUI.
    IUI#2 4/14/14-- BFP !!!!! Beta #1 14dpiui= 45 Beta #2 16dpiui= 80  Beta #3 18dpiui= 88 (chemical pregnancy)
    March 2015- Chemical pg

1/25/16- BFP  Beta1 12dpo = 17, Beta 2 14 dpo = 28.. resulted in one beautiful boy born 9/21/16 :)

Now I'm a stay at home loving life and pursuing my love of photography!!!
  • Peri, if you didn't catch my post on the Infertility board, I've been testing since about 2dp5dt and have pictures of my + sticks from 4dp5dt onward.

Sorry I can't make this clicky for you!

https://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/43991897.aspx

Hope you get your BFP soon!

Forty-something TTC since 12/2007 3 failed IVFs DE cycle #1: BFP then D&E at 12 weeks due to neural tube defect DE cycle #2: Chemical FET #1: BFN Lining issues, pursuing adoption
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"