Trouble TTC

Maternity Shirts...VENT!

So I'm getting ready this morning, I have my clothes picked out and running actually early for once in my life.  I get dressed and look in the mirror and to my surprise I looked about 8 months pregnant...YIKES..I took a double take.  I asked DH "how does this look" he didnt' even look at me and said "honey you look great"...grrrr.  WHY do shirts tie in the back?? I have boughten two shirts from motherhood, dress shirts that tie in the back and will never wear them now, what a waste of money.  Do they think we are a present that you can wrap in bows??.  I bought them a month ago when I was barely showing thinking "ooh they're cute"  The material has no give and my chest looked supertight, but the rest looked giantic.   Not sure of others experiences but I will never buy a shirt that ties again!

Re: Maternity Shirts...VENT!

• Yip, they're the devil!  I found that sticking with non-maternity shirts in a size or two bigger gives a MUCH more flattering silhouette.  (see PIB and sigpic)  I bought them at 17-18 weeks and they're still going strong at 38 weeks.  Just make sure to try to look for longer shirts so they'll cover your belly when you get bigger.  I'm hoping that I can use them post-partum too as transition wear until I get back into my pre-PG clothes.
    imageimage

{ Jack 4.8.09 & Rose 10.24.07 }

• I have a few, I can't stand them right now either, I think once I have 30+ weeks they will be perfect though.
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't know why they do that either.  Or why now the style for non PG people is the baby doll tee with the waist under the boobs.  that makes me look PG because of my baby fat!
  • imagebksp1:
    I don't know why they do that either.  Or why now the style for non PG people is the baby doll tee with the waist under the boobs.  that makes me look PG because of my baby fat!
  • imagebksp1:
    I don't know why they do that either.  Or why now the style for non PG people is the baby doll tee with the waist under the boobs.  that makes me look PG because of my baby fat!
  • imagebksp1:
  • imagebksp1:
  • imagebksp1:
  • imagebksp1:
  • imagebksp1:
  • imagebksp1:
  • imagebksp1:
  • imagebksp1:
  • imagebksp1:
  • imagebksp1:
  • imagebksp1:
  • imagebksp1:
  • imagebksp1:
  • imagebksp1:
  • imagebksp1:
  • imagebksp1:
  • imagemrsfu:
    imagebksp1:
  • imagemrsfu:
    imagebksp1:
  • imagemrsfu:
    imagebksp1:
  • imagemrsfu:
    imagebksp1:
  • imagemrsfu:
    imagebksp1:
  • imagemrsfu:
    imagebksp1:
  • imagemrsfu:
    imagebksp1:
  • imagemrsfu:
    imagebksp1:
  • imagemrsfu:
    imagebksp1:
  • imagemrsfu:
    imagebksp1:
  • imagemrsfu:
    imagebksp1:
  • imagemrsfu:
    imagebksp1:
  • imagemrsfu:
    imagebksp1:
  • imagemrsfu:
    imagebksp1:
  • imagemrsfu:
    imagebksp1:
  • imagemrsfu:
    imagebksp1:
  • imagemrsfu:
    imagebksp1:
  • imagemrsfu:
    imagebksp1:
  • imagemrsfu:
    imagebksp1:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"