Nebraska Babies
Options

PCOS?

Hi everyone!

I have not been on here (well the knot) since I have been married. Now My husband and I are TTC and found out I PCOS "Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome". My question to you all is A- Does anyone else have this issue? Or B- Does onyone know of anyone who does or know of any support group or have any info to share? This is our 8th month now trying so I am feeling a little down and looking for any support I can.

Thanks Ladies!

Crystal                                                                                       

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: PCOS?

• Options

I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 14 (Im 22 now) . It runs in my family (mom, sisters, grandma, etc). If youd like to know anything Id be happy to help you. I know a lot about it and I recently have been looking up stuff because my sister (14) was just diagnosed and I wanted to make sure there what new stuff they have found. I know its tough. They told me that I might not ever be able to have kids (our daughter is miracle baby) but I never gave up hope. Its been a bit tough but its worth the trying :) If I can offer any more info or support let me know. Good Luck! :)

Katie

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It is nice to know I am not alone. I was 15 (now that I know the symptoms) when I realized I had something wrong. We are on our 3rd month of fertilty meds, estrogen, and metformin (a diabetes medication) because of course there is some insulin resistance with the Pcos. It nice to hear about your miricle baby!! That does give me hope and I appreciate you sharing with me. I just bought a book "A patients guide to Pcos" it's a great book if your sister is a reader, or even for a little more info for you and your family. It's made me feel alot better.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

TTC #2 since 2011 (took 1.5 years to conceive spontaneously after multiple failed clomid cycles and 1 failed clomid +IUI)
    Me- PCOS, borderline hypothyroid
    Him- low concentration/count

Feb 2014- started acupuncture
    Feb 2014- BFP
    March 2014- m/c @ 5 weeks
    May 2014- HSG, all clear, started Synthroid, Femara 5mg CD 3-7 + trigger + TI= BFN
    Waiting for new RE appointment end of July 2014

• Options
    She is most definitely a reader. Ill have to check it out for her. Shes insulin resistant so its been very hard for her. Just remember not to lose hope :) Everything will work out great for you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have it and im 26 years old. I guess I had it for along time. I had to have cysts removed the size of an orange and grapefruit. I have to be on birth control to stop the cyst. After I did IUI I have lost an ovary bc it was so bad. So only one left which works great now. Each month mother nature comes now. I hate it but I love that I have 2 boys. If you have questions you can IM me. I dont get on here too much.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"