Baby Showers
Options

Where to register... choices, choices!

I will be having my 2nd shower in about 5 weeks, and since husband and I have been in the process of moving for the last 3 weeks, I haven't filled out an actual registry yet. I have some ideas as to the kind of things we still want/need, but I'm so NOT particular about stores that I can't decide where I should register. This shower will be for family, and will include lots of older women as well as younger, who will prefer to have an actual store to go to instead of buying online (otherwise I'd register on Amazon and be done with it). I need to do this by the end of the week so that invitations can go out.

Any suggestions? Pros/cons for Babies 'R' Us vs. Target vs. elsewhere?

Personally, I won't do any shopping at BRU because the same products are cheaper elsewhere, but I know it will make it more convenient for others.

Help!

Re: Where to register... choices, choices!

• Options
    I registered at bru and target with ds and only bru this time around ( mostly for the compleation discount adn a $10 g.c I got for making a reg) Both of them in my opinion have horrible return/ exchange policies.. basically if you dont have a recept or gift recept or it is not on your registry you are out of luck... luckly this time around my host forgot to put my reg on the invite so I did not get anything from bru except from said host and a few family members.. luckly i got gift recepts from them but my  grandmother in laws recept got lost in the craziness of the shower and i was unable to exchange her gift.. I got a large number of blankets.. including one from her. But if I had to choose between the two I would go with bru as there is a winder range of baby items.. target has more locations and is cheaper but the selection is not as good..
    DD 11/5/10 born by c section DS 9/8/07 born by c section due to Pre-e/Hellp Syndrome m/c at 5 1/2 weeks 8/4/06 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, there are more Targets but BRU has many more items. I just registered at BRU and I'm not happy with them at all. They never update your registry properly, so you get duplicates and their return/exchange policy is a pain. The only positive is that they have tons of stuff. If you are having a smaller shower I'd probably just register and Target, depends on what type of items you are looking for.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I loved Amazon.com if your family is up for online shopping....
  • Options
    Register at a store that is convenient for the majority of your guests.  If Babies R Us is most convenient then do it there.  If you have a Burlington Coact Factory you can register there.  Their Baby Depot is gigantic and has everything you need!  They often have 15 or 20% off coupons for one item.  I probably wouldn't register there myself because I don't think it's convenient for my guests, but it's awesome for baby stuff!
  • Options

I think BRU is the most convenient baby-specific store nationwide.  Target is OK, but their in-store selection is a lot smaller than BRU.  Regardless, you should select a place that's easy and convenient for your guests to get to.  I've been decently happy with our registry at BRU, but they are really bad about keeping registries updated (just found out we're going to receive a second infant car seat and base because of this issue).

DH had trouble with BRU the other day when he went to exchange something that was sent to us in the wrong color.  He brought the shipping order/receipt that clearly stated the color we were supposed to get, along with the item we received that was clearly marked as a different color... The store employees gave him a hard time and basically accused him of trying to exchange a less expensive color for a more expensive one (even though the person who bought it for us paid for the more expensive color in full).  He had to "go nuts on the store manager" (his words!) before they finally gave him an even exchange for the correct color.

Do they have Buy Buy Baby in Washington?  If so, check them out.  I LOVE the BBB store near us.  It's soooo much better than the BRU that's right across the street.  Plus, they honor Bed Bath & Beyond coupons as well.

• Options

I registered at BRU & Target. I don't have much advice as I just registered yesterday, but I figured BRU is the obvious choice as they have the most options in one location. I added Target as merely a convenience for friends/family who may not live as near to a BRU as a Target.

I personally haven't found as much at Target as I did at BRU that I wanted to register for, but I plan to tweak them both in the coming days.

• Options
    I registered at Babies R Us and Burlington Coat Factory. I was going to do Wal*Mart but their in-store selection isn't great and not very many people invited to my shower are online shoppers.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"