New York Babies
Options

Dr. Kurtz, Adler, Kassenoff, Trentacoste

Hi all!

Does anyone have any experience with this practice?  I have my first OB appointment with Dr. Trentacoste this week and am SUPER nervous since she's young and has only been with the practice since April.  

Any insight would be extremely helpful!

I'm about 6 weeks with my first child and really just want the best doctor and care I can get..

Thanks so much!!  

Re: Dr. Kurtz, Adler, Kassenoff, Trentacoste

• Options
    I use them and I love them.  Trentacoste is so incredibly sweet!  She's amazing.  Kurtz is my primary because he takes my insurance but I've seen them all and don't have any complaints about any of them.  Good luck!
  • Options

Eh- I went there for about 6 months-- not when I was pregnant-- and I didn't LOVE it.  I only saw Dr. Kassenoff and wasn't that thrilled with her.  She spent the first appt. I had with her telling me how to stop breastfeeding (when I wasn't even looking for that advice) and then she prescribed me the wrong birth control pill because she didn't take the time to listen to me tell her which one I normally take.

I know several moms though who have said great things about Drs. Adler and Kurtz... it's totally a personal decision.  All the doctors deliver at Mt. Sinai though which is a great hospital.  I delivered my son there and will be delivering my second baby there in few days.

Good luck! I now see Drs. Jackson/Morgan/Chen/Barbieri at Upper West Side OB/GYN and love them all!

Cy (04.02.2008) & June (10.05.2010) 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks for your replies.  I'm nervous..this is my first and I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing.  I'm 7 1/2 weeks.  I found the practice through my internist (Dr. Adler delivered both his children)

I live on the UES and wanted to find a practice that accepts my insurance and is affiliated with Mt. Sinai.  (My husband was born in Mt. Sinai and I thought it would be really cute to have our child born there too!) 

@bride913, when are you due? 

• Options
    I have been going to this practice for years and am currently 32 weeks pregnant.  Dr. Adler is my primary and I really like him. But during my pregnancy I have seen all 4 Dr.'s and I can't say one bad thing about any of them.  Dr. Trentacoste, is very very sweet, she has seen me when I have gone in for my 2 little 'freakouts' and did everything to make me feel better.  Overall the office is pretty good about getting you in and out of your apts on time as well (much better than some other Dr. offices) and at every appt. they spend time answering all of my questions.  Hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"