Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Living with parents and ttc...too weird??

DH lost his job this past May, since we had no family where we were living we decided to move back to where we both grew up.  We didn't make any money on selling our house so are living with my parents to build up our savings again.  Our daughter is 16 months old and I want our kids to be around 2 yrs apart.

I am thinking 9 months out and know that we will be on our own by then, if not in our own house, we own a condo and the renters would be out by next Summer so we could move in.

Would it be too weird to ttc while living with my parents?  To suddenly announce that 'hey!  we're expecting!'.  DH thinks so but I'm just trying to think ahead!  I'm also thinking I'm 2 yrs older so it could take longer this time to get a BFP

Re: Living with parents and ttc...too weird??

• Options
    No,I think they'd be thrilled for you!

• Options
    I mean, you have one kid already, plus you're married, so it's really no secret that you're doing the dirty dirty ANYWAYS. I say go for it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Why not give it a try?!  Probably wouldnt abstain while living there, why not make a baby!
    BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    That would be too weird for me, yes. I'm not even able to muster up the balls to have sex in my parents' house, much less look at my parents and tell them I'm pregnant and have everyone realize we concieved under their roof. Ew.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
  • Options
    They already know you are having sex.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We lived with DH's parents for a while so I say its not weird at all.  You are married and have a kid already, so like pp said whats the big deal. Everyone has got to assume that you have sex.
  • Options
    I don't think it's weird at all!!  You guys are married, already have a child...Go For It and Good luck!
  • Options

imagebrookelynpaisley:
    That would be too weird for me, yes. I'm not even able to muster up the balls to have sex in my parents' house, much less look at my parents and tell them I'm pregnant and have everyone realize we concieved under their roof. Ew.

this would be me....but like most pp's said--they obviously know that you are having sex, so it's really not a big deal.

My only concern would be your living/job situation--if you are POSITIVE you will be able to move into the condo next summer, go for it--but if there's any chance it won't work out, I'd wait to make sure you won't be living with your parents with 2 LO's.

• Options

You might be living with your parents until next summer - your parents obviously don't think you're going to abstain from sex until then!  They would probably be too excited to be grandparents again to worry about where you conceived!

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    It's not the having sex in your parents house that would bother me, but rather just your financial situation.  I wouldn't TTC until my DH was employed.

Oscar born October 2011

Miscarriage at 8 weeks (August 2013)

DD due September 1, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

imageCeridwen21:
    It's not the having sex in your parents house that would bother me, but rather just your financial situation.  I wouldn't TTC until my DH was employed.

This exactly. 

BabyFetus Ticker

Corbin | born 4.19.12
    Baby boy #2 | due 4.13.15
  • Options

I have to say I think that is not the best idea.

First off, I'm sure they will be able to do the math and having everyone know that is just too creepy. As well, if you are trying to save money to buy a new home and living with your parents, it's probably not the best time to be having another baby. You want your kids to be two years apart.... well unfortunately life isn't always fair and you need to be realistic and realize that having secure finances is more important than an age gap.

Just my two cents.  

• Options

Like others, my concern would be more on the financial end than the when you have sex end. That's where I would give you the side eye when it came to conceiving while living with your parents because you have no money/jobs.

First, I don't think it would be odd to conceive while living with your parents. If anybody does that math and thinks anything about it, then they have a problem. You are married adults. Certainly nobody assumes you are not having sex, even living with your parents.

You haven't mentioned if you and/or your husband actually have jobs. I hope you do, but that would definitely impact my answer. That and how long those jobs have been held. If you were in dire straights when you moved and didn't find employment right away, I would wait until you have more money saved up and can clearly establish that you can pay bills on your current income.

Proud Doxie Mommy

TTC #1 since Sept. 2009 - DX unexplained IF March 2011 - "Surprise" BFP March 2012
    DS born via c-section 11/17/12
    TTC #2 (or, not TTA) Nov. 2013
    BFP #2 8/22/14, Missed M/C 6w2d, Discovered 7w4d/Official 8w6d, D&C 9/27/14
  • Options
    I think as long as you know by the time the next one is born that you'd be on your own then NO, it's totally fine. Yeah, you might think that they'd jump right to thinking that you did the nasty at their house, but seriously, the news of a new baby overshadows that! And, I'm sure they assume it anyway :)
  • Options

imageCeridwen21:

This too. You said you owned a condo, so you have a housing situation available to you. What would bother me tand make me judgey is that he's out of a job and you're making another mouth to feed. I realize you're probably living with the parents to save money, but it seems irresonsible to me at least to have another kid when your situation isn't set just because you want them some certain number of months apart.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"