New Orleans Babies
Options

NS ob/gyns....please help

I see a dr right now and am not happy.  Apparently the office has no after hours number and I had a legit issue today.  Also, I wait for at least an hour every visit.

I'm looking for great office staff, staff that answers the phone and RETURNS calls, and low wait time.  I'm 6 weeks pg.  TIA! 

Re: NS ob/gyns....please help

• Options
    Do you have a hospital preference? I used Dr. Breen and he delivers at Lakeview. He is a little quirky in bedside manner, but I felt that he was super smart and very up to date and knowledgeable. When things feel apart at the end of my pregnancy, I was really glad to have him.  I've also heard good things about Dr Plaisance and Dr. Williams.
    imageimage
  • Options
    PS-congrats!! If you don't mind sharing, who are you using now?
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageLSU628:
    PS-congrats!! If you don't mind sharing, who are you using now?
    I didn't want to say because I wanted to see if people would recommend him.  YGPM.
  • Options
    I used Dr. Von Almen at Touro.  I loved him. His attitude was always upbeat and he really explained things.  My friend used him for her child and she recommended him to me.  He wasn't oncall when I went into labor and it was so going so fast he didnt have time to get there.  One of his partners delivered my son and she was great too.  In the afternoon the apts take longer but in the morning I never had to wait very long.  Which was great since my hubby needed to get back to work after the apts.  He always returned my calls the same day.
  • Options
    imagecuse1814:
    I used Dr. Von Almen at Touro.  I loved him. His attitude was always upbeat and he really explained things.  My friend used him for her child and she recommended him to me.  He wasn't oncall when I went into labor and it was so going so fast he didnt have time to get there.  One of his partners delivered my son and she was great too.  In the afternoon the apts take longer but in the morning I never had to wait very long.  Which was great since my hubby needed to get back to work after the apts.  He always returned my calls the same day.
    I didn't think he was on the Northshore.
  • Options
    I don't have any suggestions (the only OB i know on the NS is my best friends ex-husband and i sure as hell am not going to recommend him, even if he is a good doctor! in any case, he's in hammond, so it wouldn't matter anyway) just wanted to say congrats on #2! yay!
    How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • Options
    YGPM back.
    imageimage
  • Options
    I have no suggestions but I just wanted to say congrats on your BFP!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Dr. Porter and the Magnolia Obstetric group is amazing at North Oaks in Hammond. She is caring and will take all the time you need to answer as many questions as you have! Good luck!
  • Options
    oops I am terribly sorry.  I somehow missed the NS at the beginning.  I wish I knew one over there that I could recommend to you.  I do hope you find one and all goes well for you.  Congrats and best of wishes for a safe and healthy pregnancy!
  • Options
    Dr. Plaisance hands down. Also everyone he rounds with is great as well. He was always available and had told me even if it wasn't his weekend when I had the baby not to worry he'd still be there. Also on the weekends he had off he called the hospital to check on me (I was on hospital bedrest for a month). Great doctor. He delivers both at St. Tammany and Lakeview.
    Kevin & Traci May 11, 2006 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • Options

Hi there-

Just signed up here and a little late on the discussion, but just thought I'd throw in my two cents... I go to Dr. Nancy Thomas at Ochsner Women's at Lakeview in Mandeville. She is so great that we drive from Slidell because its worth it. I'm a first timer with lots of questions and honestly scared to death, and she makes me feel like she has all the time in the world to answer questions. I get right in and staff calls back. Sometimes you have to wait on hold a few minutes when you call- every Ochsner doctor I've ever seen is like that- but once they pick up, they're very helpful. Hope you find somebody that's a great match fo ya!

Sarah

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"