Health & Exercise
Options

Walking after c-section?

I had a section a little over 2 weeks ago and being on my feet for any length of time causes increased soreness, plus I have to walk at a snail's pace.  When were you able to get back to walking for exercise?  I was an avid exerciser before and during pregnancy so not being able to even walk is really hard for me!

Re: Walking after c-section?

• Options

How much walking?

I was feeling pretty good at two weeks, make sure you're getting up every hour and moving around. 

But to answer your question, I called to get the clear to exercise at 3 weeks and used the elliptical a few days later.  It wasn't walking weather so I don't know when I would have wanted to just walk for more than 10 minutes or so.

• Options

After my first c/s I didn't do much moving until maybe 10w pp. This c/s I was up walking and carrying my 15m girl at 1w pp. It all depends on your body, how good of shape you are in, and numerous other things. Just take it slow and listen to your body. Drink lots of water and eat healthy. GL and congrats!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

As a former NICU mom of twins, I'm praying for your little peanuts too! :o)

If walking still hurts, keep doing what you can and stop when it gets uncomfortable.  Your body went through serious surgery (not to mention the emotional toll you're going through), so keep listening to it. 

Walking was sanity saver for me, and I found that several little walks was better than trying to do one long walk.  Even just getting outside between feedings to walk around the parking lot helped a ton.

Very best wishes to you.  You'll be back before you know it!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I walked to the hospital every day to go to the NICU from 2.5 weeks and on.

I got cleared for excercise at 5 weeks.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    it took me a little after 6 weeks to be able to push myself and much longer to get back to my normal level of fitness and endurance... everything relaxes and its hard to get back coordination etc.  i did push myself though, i used my bleeding as a que to back off... if it increased, then i needed to tone it down a notch.
  • Options
    The doctor said I could start taking walks around the neighborhood at my 2 week PP check-up. I'm still waiting to get the all clear to exercise (hopefully next week). I was probably at the 3 week mark before I felt comfortable enough to start talking walks of any lengths. I've gradually increased the speed and length of my walks and am feeling great at 5 weeks. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"