Preemies
Options

Did you have a "feeling" LO would come early?

Every time I walk any further than ~1 block, the right part of my whole stomach, abdomen, etc area hurts. Sort of feels like a cramp you'd get after running for a while, but it's after walking just a small bit.

I asked my doc about it and she said she doesn't really know what it is and there's nothing to do about it.

But this, along with a sort of intuition that DS is going to come really early, make me wonder if I should continue as I am or take things easier?

My question is, did you "know" or have any sort of feeling that your singleton would come early?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
imageimage
imageimage

Re: Did you have a "feeling" LO would come early?

• Options
    Well we had twins so it's not my singleton, but no I had no feeling what so ever.  I was totally shocked... my water broke completely unexpectedly at 30w3d.  I hope it's just a feeling you're having and that your baby cooks awhile longer.

• Options
    It's probably just something you are worried about. Hang in there but most importantly, take it easy!
    Abigail Noelle, 8.29.09
    Brady Phoenix, 8.29.09
    Claire Zoe, 10.26.10

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Honestly, yes.  Around the 29 week mark, I felt like I was going to run out of time, panicked, and FORCED DH to finish the nursery.  And then he came 2 weeks later.  I was having what I thought were BH's (because they were only on my right side) after taking walks and such, but it turned out they were real contractions because I have a bicornuate uterus (heart shaped) and my LO was inhabiting the right side.  I hope that doesn't scare you though, it could just be BH's or round ligament pain, but if you feel like it's something bad you need to press the issue with your doctor or find someone else who will figure out what is wrong!  Hope everything is ok though and your LO stays in full-term!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Not at all!

Hugs!  I hope you go to term!

• Options
    yes i had a feeling because i had all kinds of issues starting at week 13.....from weeks 22-26 i was off bedrest and was allowed to take walks, so i started doing this every morning for about 15-20 mins. and i started getting more and more BH's, not knowing that was what was going on. at 26 weeks i went into preterm labor. they were able to stop it until 28 weeks and  i was on bedrest until then. if i were you  i would just stop taking walks, even if you are being careful-doing short walks, drinking water, putting your feet up after-thats what i did. i also have a bicornuate uterus (LO in the right side too) so i think that was the main reason, but i think the walks contributed. i wouldnt take any risks. keep that LO in you as long as you can! take it easy and stay positive..do some telepathic conversing with you LO and tell him/her to stay in there and grow!
  • Options
    Not at all! In fact, just two days before my water broke, I was blogging about how I figured DD would come late. Wrong!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerPregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I did.  I had a very easy and normal pregnancy, but from very early on I felt like he would come early.  I even dreamed that he was born early when I was about 8 weeks pg.

If I were you I wouldn't worry too much, but I would make sure to listen to your body.  If something doesn't seem right then ask for an ultrasound or to be monitored.  Don't let your doctor blow you off.

Kelly, Mom to Noah 8.27.05 (born at 26 weeks)
  • Options

Yes, with my first pregnancy even though it went well, I was young and had no risk factors, the whole time through I just knew he would be early. I delivered at 33 weeks due to chorioamnionitis. It wasn't until about 1 week before I delivered that I started being able to physically feel that things weren't "normal." 

Now with this one I feel physically fine as well but still feel like she's coming early too. But who knows, maybe it's just cause I'm worried about it.

Relax, enjoy every day of your pregnancy. There's nothing you can do either way, try not to stress and take it easy physically just in case.

• Options

Not exactly a "feeling" but I had several dreams where DH and I "weren't ready" for baby - like we delivered (full term) at the hospital, but didn't have a carseat, or brought LO home from the hospital and forgot to buy a crib, etc.  My DH also had really bad nightsweats all through my pregnancy which was really uncharacteristic for him - he is a super laid back guy.

So, sometime intuition is right - but that doesn't mean YOU are going to deliver early. Listen to your body and take it easy - and keep asking doctors, midwives, etc about the pains you are experiencing.  I'm pretty sure I was having contractions before my water broke at 25w5d. I would wake up with lots of pain in my lower back; my doctor attributed it to the excessive amniotic fluid I had and the subsequent weight I had rapidly gained, but I'm 99% sure there were contractions - now that I know what contractions feel like.  Not to scare you at all, but often the patient knows best.

• Options

I started having that feeling at around 25 weeks. I had on and off bleeding from 20 weeks on and around week 25 started feeling like LO would come early. Of course, I figured that she would come at like 34-36 weeks, not 29w, 6d!

Like PP's said, you may just be worrying, ut if something doesn't feel right, DO NOT hesitate to call the doc; its their job to put your mind at easy and they get paid to do it, so don't feel like you are bothering them!

• Options

I had red bleeding in my first trimester, but then everything was clear during second trimester.  And then with my third trimester, he just felt heavy-it was like it was on my pubic bone, and it was hard to walk--felt better to sit down. 

I was planning more for a larger baby--even bought 12 month baby boy shorts.  I did not have much notice--I started to spot--and then I was thinking it was indigestation or cramps.  Later that night, more brown stuff came out---I called the obgyn--and while on the phone with obgyn, my water started to break--so they had me go to the hospital.  Luckily, I had started to pack my hospital bag, and I had taken pictures the weekend before with me pregnant. 

By the time I got to the ER late at night at the hospital, I was in so much pain yelping "Help me".  So they put me in a wheelchair and wheeled me up to labor and delivery.  He came that night at 12:19am (I was fully dialated when I got to the hospital). 

imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
  • Options

Not that he would come early exactly, but I was wierd about being careful while I was pregnant. I was worried about cuddling behind my husband because I didn't want to put too much pressure there, even at 6wks. I worried about too much excersize, about pushing to have a bowel movement.  I was worrying a lot during my pregnancy, despite it going very smoothly with no risk factors. About 1 week before I was admitted to the hospital, I kept having scary vivid dreams about going into labor. One of them woke me up, and at 2am I prayed "Please, just let him live, I promise I'll raise him to know you, just let him live".

I guess I wonder if the question was asked of people with FT babies, if maybe many of them felt the same things with nothing happening in the end.

• Options
    I definitely had an "intuition".  Everything appeared to be 100% healthy with my pregnancy but towards the end, I felt panicked to get things done, like a PP said.  One day I had the urge to put together his swing/bouncer, wash all of his clothes, and finalize everything I had left.  The following day I went in to labor.  Crazy!
    image. Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"