Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

non-clicky poll

I have tried to make a poll but it somehow does not work when I try to make it.

Do you answer your DH/SO/FI's cell phone when they are not around?

a. yes, it does not matter who it is

b. yes, it depends who is calling

c. no, it is his phone and he can answer it himself

d. ss, please explain

TIA 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: non-clicky poll

• Options
    My DH always asks me why I didn't answer his phone if it was ringing. I usually don't unless I see it is family but he doesn't care if I do. I would find it weird if he got mad at me for answering.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
  • Options
    Sometimes I do. If I feel like it. When I don't I will tell him it rang and will say why didn't u answer.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
  • Options

D.

If I know what it's about and don't mind talking to the person, I'll answer. Same if we're in the car and he's not able to safely answer.

Normally I just turn the ringer off so I don't have to hear it and I make sure he knows to call the person back when he finishes doing whatever it was that kept him from answering. 

Contemplating the snow.
    Mes Petit Choux
    imageimageimage
    I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then. ~ Alice

• Options

B.

Family or a good friend from out of town I will grab it, otherwise he can call whoever back.

• Options
    SS. DH has 2 cell phones. A work one and a personal one. If it's the work one no. I know everyone he works with, but I still won't answer that. They can leave him a message and he can get back to them when he has time. The personal one, it depends on who's calling and if I feel like talking to them.
    a>Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerPregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have if I see it's his family calling.  Other than that no I do not. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Nope, 95% of the time it's my mom or FIL. When they call my phone I hand it to him :)
  • Options

B.

If its family or friends I'm close to I'll answer til I find DH. :)

• Options
    B: If it's someone I know and I know he'd want me to answer then I will.
  • Options
    No, I have never answered his phone nor have I ever thought about it. I would tell him that is phone rang, though, and then ask who it was (since no one ever calls us, lol!)
    Abigail Noelle, 8.29.09
    Brady Phoenix, 8.29.09
    Claire Zoe, 10.26.10

• Options
    C  (If it's his family calling, and he doesn't answer it, they will call me next.)
  • Options
    Yeah...he answers mine too.
  • Options

c - Usually if they are trying to reach him they'll call his cell first and then our home phone afterwards.  When they call the home phone I'll answer but I won't answer his cell phone.  I will tell him who's calling though or that it's ringing but that's it.

• Options
    only when he asks me to
  • Options
    Nope, I never answer his phone.  I hate talking on the phone, and it's usually his dad who talks forever, so I don't answer.  Even if it's someone else, I never answer.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    It depends on who's calling and what he's doing.  If it rings while he's in the bathroom, I probably won't answer it because I know he'll be able to call whoever it is right back.  So I'll just say, "I think your phone was ringing."  If he's mowing the grass or out for a run and one of our mutual friends calls or a family member then I'll answer and tell them where he is.
  • Options

No, because I most likely wouldn't want to talk to the person (I hate talking on the phone).

And no, because I hate when I'm calling and someone else picks up and I have to talk to them (did I say I hate talking on the phone?).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

D.

I have answered in the past when he's asked me too, but only when it was his mom or something. I really don't like it though, but I hate talking on the phone.

Plus, I figure if they wanted to talk to me, they would've called my phone. 

• Options

His phone is work provided and pretty much everyone that calls it, I have no idea who they are, so no, I don't answer his phone.

C.

• Options
    D. I answer it a lot when he's cooking dinner, I'll pick up say hi and then put it on speaker or chat for a minute while he washes his hands. There have been a few times I knew he was waiting for a call and I'll answer and tell them where he is, but if he's not in the same room I rarely answer.

TTC#2 October 2011. June 2012 diagnosed with mild PCOS and both tubes blocked.
    10/1/12 miracle BFP 11/12/12 missed m/c (9w2d), baby stopped growing at 7 weeks
    1/16/13 BFP, EDD 9/27/13, m/c 1/19/13
    imagephoto rainbowleavesbadge-1_zpsa9246b63.jpg
    2/12/13 BFP, EDD 10/25/13 Please stick little one
    A stowaway on board! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    C - no, never.  Not even if I know who is calling.  Not even it it's MY Mom calling. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

C.) NO- never

I NEVER answer DH's cell because it's his work/ personal cell which is provided by work.  He never answers my cell, either, and I would prefer he didn't.

SAHM to 2 boys (3 & 16 yrs) & 2 girls (5 & 8 yrs)

Our Angel Boy- m/c in 2007 @ 9wks due to Trisomy 17
  • Options

If i know who it is and if i feel like talking to them. I don't even answer my phone all the time though! If I'm not in the mood to talk or i'm busy, they can leave a message. Same w/ his.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    No ... just like he doesn't answer my phone.   Plus, it's he gets work calls on his cell, so I don't go near it.
  • Options
    B.
    Me: 30, DOR with a FSH of 12.5
    DH: 31, no issues
    4-6/2012 100mg of Clomid + trigger + IUI/TI = BFN
    7/2012 150mg of Gonal-f + trigger + IUI = BFN
    8/2012 Surprise unmedicated BFP!! Due May 8, 2013
  • Options
    imagekes3237:

No, because I most likely wouldn't want to talk to the person (I hate talking on the phone).

And no, because I hate when I'm calling and someone else picks up and I have to talk to them (did I say I hate talking on the phone?).

This.

I have a similar phone hatred.

• Options
    B. If it's someone I don't know, I don't answer it, then tell DH when he is around so he can tell me who it is. But if I know the number, I answer it.
  • Options
    I only answer if it's his family b/c they call my phone next if he doesn't pick up. lol The only other calls he get are work or a text from a buddy anyways.
  • Options
    c. no
  • Options
    Only if it is NOT his mother - if its her I don't answer, anyone else sure I'll answer it.
  • Options
    No, but I usually look at his caller ID if it is nearby, just so I can tell him who called and determine if it is important enough for me to go find him. If it is too far away from me I don't bother.
  • Options

Ew, no.

I hate phones.  Well, I hate talking on phones.  I love my iphone.

• Options
    No, I don't answer his phone. But I do ask him to answer mine if I am getting ready or something. He usually answers it and brings it right to me..... yeah that really helps, thanks! At least he tries :)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    No. It is his work & personal phone. He does not answer mine either. THey're not calling to talk to me, so if he isn't available he can just call back when he can. I will look at it if I'm standing near it when it rings to call out to him who it is but that is about it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"