Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

2 to 2.5 yr olds (poll)

How many of you have your toddlers in toddler beds/twin beds as opposed to cribs?
[Poll]
"Right beside you is where I belong... from this moment on." imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 2 to 2.5 yr olds (poll)

• Options

DS is still in his crib and would stay there except that we need the crib for #2...so we'll make the switch in December.

• Options
    I put bed, but it's actually a full size bed on the floor.  She's done great with it.  When we move her to her big girl room, I'll put the bed on the frame and put rails on it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I voted since DD is just a few days over 2.5.  She moved to a toddler bed at the beginning of June so 2 years 2 months.  She has never once gotten out of bed.  She calls for us after her naps and when she wakes up in the morning.  I'm sure this isn't the case for everybody but we had good luck. 
  • Options
    We just moved DS to a full size bed (mattress & box spring on the floor though) about a month ago.... so he was about 2 y/1 mo. We wanted to start the transition before #2 arrives in 3 weeks on Nov 3rd. He's taken to his big boy room & bed amazingly! Knock on wood, doesn't crawl out, make a fuss, and waits for us to come get him after naps and in the am.
  • Options
    We transitioned JD's crib to a toddler bed when he was 22 months. He's done great with it mostly. Every now and then he goes through a phase where he refuses to stay in bed and wants to fall asleep in the hall outside his door. I just let him and then put him in his bed before I go to bed.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    Sometimes I wish he was still in a crib.  We needed it for DS2. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I picked toddler bed/twin bed, but she's actually in a full-size bed (her crib converted to a full) because she hated the toddler bed.
    I don't know what's up with my siggy and I am too lazy to figure it out.
  • Options
    I put 3. But it's a full bed on a frame, no rails and been there since June. 
  • Options

At her mother's house, SD is still in her crib.

With us, she's been in her toddler bed since she was 18-19 months. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

I never held you, but I always loved you.
    Baby Squirt- September 2009
    Baby Turtle- May 2010
    Baby Surprise- August 2011
  • Options
    We moved DD at 22mos because she was climbing out.
  • Options
    I voted toddler bed, been there a while but he's actually been in a double bed.  We had him in his toddler bed and one night he walked into the guest room and went "sleepytime" on that bed so we converted his crib to double and he's been there for about 8 months now.
  • Options
    DD has been in a toddler bed since she was about 20 months old!
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DD has been in a single bed since July.  I wanted to keep her in her crib until we needed it again (that would be this spring) since she wasn't even attempting to climb out.  However, we went on vacation at the end of July and I wasn't sure if our room would be big enough for her pack n play or if she'd have to sleep in the other double bed. 

I planted the seed and then she requested to use a big girl bed.  No problems sleeping there at all.  She is day care trained and does not get out of bed until I come in for her!  She does know to speak up if she has to go potty (I still use the monitor).
    Zoryana Kaitlyn born 4/16/08. 8 lbs 14 oz and 21 inches long Aidan Sean born 5/23/11. 9 lbs 12 oz and 22 inches long Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DD has actually been in a double bed since her 2yo birthday in her big girl room to prepare her for DD#2s arrival.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"