Pregnant after 35
Options

old and not as scared as I should be

Hi everybody. I'm 38, will be 39 when The Peanut shows up. I just want to say that I'm so glad to have found this board. It's too early for me to tell anyone I'm pregnant, but I really am wanting some girlfriend time. Not because I'm freaking out (though I am a little) but just because I want to talk about it!

I can't wait to be a mom. I'm aware how many issues come along with waiting this long to have my first baby, but I'm up for it. I have a great career, a husband I love (though don't always like), and life is good. 

I just hope my dachshunds can handle it!

Re: old and not as scared as I should be

• Options
    Congrats!  H&H 9 mos! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations and Welcome!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats on your BFP! 
  • Options
    Congrats! - I turned 39 right before our most recent little guy arrived - & we're considering one more.
    8 month cutie

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Congratulations!!! I had my twins a little over a month shy of being 43; you will do great!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Congratulations!  I'm 40 and this is my first.  I've felt pretty good so far and haven't experienced anything different than my younger pg friends!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome! 
  • Options

Congrats and welcome!  I remember that strange feeling of keeping such a big secret, but being afraid to tell.  We didn't share the news w/ anyone other than my parents until 13 weeks.

And I LOVE weiner dogs!  Post some pics, please :-)

• Options
    Congrats and welcome!!!  I'll be 41 when these twinkies are born! 
  • Options

Congrats!!

I just lurk as I have already had my baby but I just felt compelled to tell you that just because you are over 35 doesn't mean you will have lots of issues!  I didn't experience anything out of the ordinary and my doctor was always telling me that I was doing better than some of his younger patients.  Have fun and enjoy it!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"