School-Aged Children

What are you doing this Fall season?

Is anyone going to a maze or apple picking or halloween party/ harvest party? Pumpkin patch?

I am taking the girls this weekend to a huge pumpkin patch and then from there going apple picking. I hope the girls like it. They have never been apple picking before. DH thinks that they will get bored. I hope not.

I am not sold on the Maze idea as it freaks me out to lose them in one of them.

I am looking forward to Black friday and preparing for Thanksgiving next month. This is my favorite time of the year! :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What are you doing this Fall season?

• We already went apple picking - about a month ago now and the girls loved it for about 10 mins and then were done.  The orchard we were at has a ton of other fun stuff - a corn crib to climb, a huge hay mountain to climb a corn maze (we tell the kids they have to be able to see us or us see them so we don't lose them and it works great).  We are going to a different corn maze place at the end of the month where we will also buy pumpkins.  Other than that, hoping to get a nice walk in the woods in the next week or two.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • This is my favorite time of the year too. Especially this year. It's usually still pretty warm, sometimes hot in Texas right now. But this year has already started to be cool and breezy! We are going to the State Fair of Texas this week, so I'm loving that.  I'm not dressing DD2 in a costume this year but she does have various Halloween T's and leggings I got her from Target. DD1 is going to be Princess Tiana so she's excited about that. The girls will be taking their first holiday pics together this month or the beginning of next month. We will do family portraits at the end of November.

I can't wait for Thanksgiving so DD1 and I can bake our various side dishes/desserts to bring to my Parents' house for dinner. November 8th is DH and I's first anniversary - so I love Fall for a lot of reasons :)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Apple picking sounds fun. We've never done that.

We are excited because groupon had a deal on the pumpkin farm this year. We normally would pay a lot more. We got a family pass that is good for 2 adults and 4 kids! I think we'll be bringing some of my daughter's friends. They have a huge corn maze in the shape of Washington. They also have an entire barn filled with hay bales to make a maze... then, go up stairs to the loft and slide down a big slide. They have so much to do... a funny play with pigs and a petting zoo.

I want to get some fall photos of my daughter in the leaves. I'll have to wait a couple of weeks. They are just starting to change here. We don't have the gorgeous show that they get in the NE.

We're trying to figurre out what we're doing for Thanksgiving... family here... go there... or meet on vacation.

Newlyweds since 2007
  • We go apple picking every year and the place we go to you can try an apple while you pick to see what kind you want. So take a bottle of water and a couple paper towels so the older girls can clean each kind of apple to try and get more of there favorite kind. This keeps my SK's involved.

For fall we will of course carve pumpkins which is great. We just buy them at a local place and don't do the whole pumpkin patch thing. With teens and tweens they are over it from doing it all those years. We also go to the zoo at night since it's decked out in lights once it gets cold (but not too cold when it is teeth chattering).

My favorite thing is black friday. DH and I are now pros from all the years of just missing a deal. I can't wait. The black friday ads coming out is just as exciting to me as Christmas morning!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"