Pre-School and Daycare

Tuition Question...

Currently looking into preschool and have a few questions. I know it varies but how much are you paying each month? Is your child full day or half day?How many days a week does he/she go? TIA!!

Re: Tuition Question...

• Full-day, 5 days per week is $830 per month but that's with a 10% discount for having 2 children at the center.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 3 full days a week is  $575/ mo.  that's 9a -2:30p .  it ends up $5175 prior to reg fees for the year (sept-mid may). I think they follow the public school breaks
  • Loading the player...
  • Brady goes 2 days a week, for 2.5 hours.  We pay $105/month.
  • $105 - half days, 3 days a week.

Of course, this is church affiliated, and in a very rural area, so we pay much less than some of the preschools in our area

• DD #2 is in a center preschool program 5 days a week, full days.  All food provided - cost $220 a week and that is with a %10 corp discount.

DD#1 is in a PreK program through the elementary school, 5 days a week full days and includes the summer minus the last 2 weeks before the next school year and 3 days in June.  Open most major holidays just like daycare center.  All food is provided except school release days, food provided all summer.  Includes field trip expenses as well - we pay $904 a month. (if a 4 week month, it would be $226 a week)

Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • The one we are looking into (DS has to turn 3) is $75/month Tuesdays and Thursdays for 2.5 hrs.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Aiden 10.17.07 Emma 07.15.10
  • Daycare center preschool, FT = about $250/wk.  That includes all meals and snacks.

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Two mornings a week, 2.5 hours, $145 a month. But it's a co-op, so I have to work in the classroom and help with fundraisers and such.
  • 3 days a week, 8:30 - 3, $500 a month
  • We just paid $360 for the fall semester.  It is 2- 5 hour days a week, following the school calander.  It equals $15 a day.

I am shocked on how much it cost for some of these places. 

• 3 days a week, full days.. $75/wk meals & snacks included
    PhotobucketBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 2 days a week for 3 hours is $185 each per month.
  • imageMysterious_wife:

We just paid $360 for the fall semester.  It is 2- 5 hour days a week, following the school calander.  It equals $15 a day.

I am shocked on how much it cost for some of these places. 

yep... and I pack a lunch.  parents rotate snacks. fun fun.  but for the region, it's not bad.  if they went to daycare, holy moly it would be more.   

• Preschool 2 mornings a week, 3 hours each day = $237/month. Which is very average for our area.

Last year DD went 2 mornings a week at a daycare/preschool, option of 6 hours (she went for 3) and we paid $401/month.

CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
  • Future faith based preschool of choice: They charge $400 for half day/5 days per week and $500 for full day/5 days per week.

I see all of the other posts have such high prices, geesh!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• 5 days a week, all day from 8:30-3:25= $819/month.  DD goes to a preschool within an International School where she's learning Spanish, French and Chinese.  
  • Two days a week, three hours each day=$297 a month for two.

ETA:  I wrote the check last night and I was wrong.  It's $387 per month for two.  I was waaay off!

My twins are 5! My baby is 3!

DS#2 - Allergic to Cashew, Pistachio, Kiwi

DS#3 - Allergic to Milk, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nuts and Sesame

• $500 a month for full time Christian private preschool.
  • 3 days, 4 hrs/day-- $300/month
  • imageceecee31:
    5 days a week, all day from 8:30-3:25= $819/month.  DD goes to a preschool within an International School where she's learning Spanish, French and Chinese.  

I would pay for that.  That is a neat idea.  I do not believe we have anything of that nature here.  

• tuition is 835 a month, 8-3 every day.  we pick her up at 11:30 but, still pay the full amount.  i'm thinking about leaving her full time after the holiday.

ETA-lunch has to be purchased for the whole year or you have to take every day.  that would be an additional 6000.00.   Emerson is so picky so we elected to take.  honestly, with the twins, i can't afford that additional money that i know she would never consume.

• 5 days per week, 3 hours per day = $460 per month
  • DD attends a Montessori school, $1300/month 8:00-3:00, we bring lunch, 1 snack is included.
  • My four year old is in preschool.  He goes for 2.5 hr days 4 days per week and we pay $170 month.  We also need to pack him a snack. 
  • 3 hours a day, 5 days a week = completely free, but the school asks for a $25 dollar donation each month which we gladly pay. The county pays for any 4 yr old for this program with no income restrictions. DD goes to a daycare for this. They also have full time programs in the public elementary schools which are free, but have income limitations or the child must have an academic need to be accepted to those.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • M goes T/TR from 12:30-3:00 and we pay $100 a month.
    IMG_5889 Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DD#1 goes to Pre-K. She's 5 half days (2.5 hours each day) with Thursday and Friday getting out later (exteded day) - $750/month and I have to pack lunch for her on Thursday and Friday

DD#2 goes to preschool 3 days per week (2.5 hours each day) and is $410/month

Reading everyone else's responses, I want to go to all those schools! They are less expensive than what we are paying. 

image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • T/Th 9-2 We pay $145 a month

I couldn't justify paying any more than this!

• These polls are never all that accurate or helpful.  we live in a big city with an extremely HCOL.  a small apt here costs what a large house in MS would cost. literally. someone tried to sell us a 2 bedroom apt for $280K not incuding the monthly fees.... my bff bought a 3000 sq ft ready to move in on an acre that is well manicured in MS for less than that.  but my pay is greater here (it would have to be). so it's all relative.  would I pay nearly $600/mo each child for just 3 days a week 9-2:30 there?  nope. friends pay less than that for full time daycare down there.  different places. cannot really compare the cost of preschool.  

• The preschool that we have DS in is, for three full days (9:00 AM - 2:30 PM), $350 per month.
  • M W 8-12 =$175 per month

9 angels in heaven-3 in my arms and 1 in the NICU                                                                                                                                    
    Mono/di twin girls: Josephine born to heaven and Evangeline born Earthside at 25w

• fullday, 5 days a week--$215/week. preschool is much less expensive than we were paying for FT daycare.
  • $933 per month

7:30 am-6 pm 

5 days per week

we bring lunch

and I'm TX, medium sized city. It's one of the most expensive schools in the city. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Really late on this, but thought I'd chime in...

Q goes 3 days a week 9-1:30 and we pay $227.50/month.  That does not include food.  We are in a suburb of Tampa, so medium sized area.  It is at a church and one of the cheapest ones around, but also one of the best.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"