Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Would you ever be a surrogate?

Would you ever be a surrogate for someone?  I would like to think I would but it would be so HARD!  I could only do it for a few people.  Do you think for the right person you could do it?

Re: Would you ever be a surrogate?

• Only for certain people. It's not even the giving up the baby aspect, I think the recovery of getting my body back/permanent changes really took a toll on me and how I view myself.

Proud Mama to Mickey (12.03.09) and Nemo (06.06.13)

• I would do it for my BFF or one of my sisters, but that is where I draw the line.  Pregnancy was too difficult for me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I offered to do it for my aunt, but they decided to go with a "stranger."  They ended up not even going through with it, but if it ever came around again, I'd totally do it.
    Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Being honest? No I couldn't, I think it is an amazing thing to do for another but I just couldn't myself.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think I could ONLY do it if it were for someone I really loved who couldn't have kids. That cuts it down to like one person...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • No. Not because I wouldn't love to give someone that gift but because I can't handle being pregnant.

If I could be guaranteed a good pregnancy, then I would. If I knew 100%, I wouldn't end up with HG, pre-e, and all of this, I would. Since that's not possible, I can't.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageJinglesChic:
    Only for certain people. It's not even the giving up the baby aspect, I think the recovery of getting my body back/permanent changes really took a toll on me and how I view myself.

YES THIS!

I hate being pregnant so I would do it for only a few people. It would be major sacrifice for me. I would be happy to give them their baby though.

• imageJinglesChic:
    Only for certain people. It's not even the giving up the baby aspect, I think the recovery of getting my body back/permanent changes really took a toll on me and how I view myself.

Definitely this.

• My sister in law has a severe condition and will probably never be able to physically carry a child.  I would do it for her in a heart beat.  She's the only one I would ever even consider it for though. 
  • imageJaysonandKristin:
    I offered to do it for my aunt, but they decided to go with a "stranger."  They ended up not even going through with it, but if it ever came around again, I'd totally do it.

My sister and I were just talking about this yesterday. My aunt (LO's godmother) - has had 4 non-viable PGs - the baby never has a HB. I was saying now that I have had a LO and experienced how amazing it is - I could probably do it for her. It would be very hard to give the baby up - but his godparents would be amazing parents and it breaks my heart that they have never been able to get PG. Other than that - my sister and a couple very close friends - maybe, it depends on the situation. I could never do it for a total stranger - it was too hard on my body.

Little man # 1 - 03/05/2010
    Little man # 2 - 05/02/2013
    Little sister - 07/16/2015
  • No. 

I used to think I could do it for my younger sister if she needed me to, but after having two kids, no. The wear and tear on my body makes me really question having another kid for our family, let alone someone else's. Plus, I had a c/s this last time, and my first priority is to have as many healthy kids as we want (possibly one more) and then be done and hope my body still *mostly* works right. 

And then there's the whole question of whether I could actually give up a baby I'd carried -- nope. The only thing that makes pregnancy worthwhile is getting to take home our babies.

Now that I'm raising my own kids, I've also realized that I don't think I could gracefully handle a family member parenting a child I had carried. I just think I'd have a really hard time dealing with differing parenting decisions and not feeling some sense of parenthood to that child.

But it's a moot point anyway, since my sis is KU! 

DD1, 1/5/2008 ~~~ DD2, 3/17/2010
  • Maybe, the only people I would be willing to do it for already have  a baby each and one has another one on the way.  I kinda feel like, I would have done it for them, but since they have one....they have one.  The other three people I would have done it for probably won't be ready to have kids by the time I'm 40 and I won't do it after 40 for anyone...not even myself. 

Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • I would consider it for a few people. I had an easy pregnancy and loved every minute of it. I would love to be able to give a family the chance to have their own child. But I wouldn't ever consider it for a stranger I don't think.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers imageimage
  •  

I want to say that I would. In theory I would love to do that for someone especially someone I was very close to.

That being said I would know that I carried that child which would make me  have a deep connection and that would be difficult.

But I think I would probably say yes.

~Christina S~ EST: 9/27/08        *May 2015 Jan. Signature Challenge-
                                                     You had one job- Parents magazine

BFP-3/17/14 --M/C 4/25/14

• Nope. Saying no would be very difficult, but I know that I couldn't carry a baby and not be that baby's mama. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • No. It was hard enough to get pregnant, any pregnancy I have will be my own.
  • My sister has lupus, which can make pregnancy difficult or maybe impossible. I told her that if she isn't able to carry a baby, I will do it for her. I loved being pregnant and would love to give her this gift, if she needs it. I told her that she and her husband might have to pay for a tummy tuck, though:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"