Detroit Babies

He HATES the car seat...help!

So the past week or so DS has decided that he is totally against the carseat. I mean, he SCREAMS the entire time we're in the car. Yesterday, he freaked out for nearly 45 minutes. I was sure he was going to fall asleep eventually, but he didn't. There is no calming him down. The second you take him out, he's a happy camper. I've tried sitting back there with him, and it does no good at all. I really don't know what to do to make him feel better. 

Any of you super mommies out there have any ideas on what might be wrong/how to help him?  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: He HATES the car seat...help!

• Have you/can you remove the pads in the seat to give him a bit more room?  Do you have toys that hang for him to look at and grab? 

Lucas loves his carseat, but he did throw a few fits until I took out the pads to give him more room.  I also have to fix the prince's clothes so they arent all bunched up, or he will get annoyed....maybe try that too.

Mommy's little helper :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh, I feel your pain! My daughter was like that for the first month or so, until I got a lullaby cd to play for her. It didn't work all the time, but it definitely helped! It was a Baby Einstein one I think. Hope you find something that works!
  • Loading the player...
  • Noah LOVED this toy https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2567102  He hated the ones that just dangled, because they'd fall to the side and he'd get mad at them.  This one at least stays put, plus it plays music and lights up
  • imageMrsRenee:
    Noah LOVED this toy https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2567102  He hated the ones that just dangled, because they'd fall to the side and he'd get mad at them.  This one at least stays put, plus it plays music and lights up

We have an Infantino one almost identical and Gabe loves it as well.  Also, have you checked to make sure the harness straps aren't too tight on him?  We've had to adjust Gabe's a few times already.

Gabriel Joseph 6/13/2010
    BFP#2: 8/14/11 M/C 8/30/11 6w1d
    BFP #3: 10/26/11
    Beta #1 @11dpo: 22 Beta #2 @13dpo: 90 Beta #3 @17dpo: 480
    Missed m/c 12w3d 12/28/11, d&c 12/30/11
    dx Homozygous C677T MTHFR image image
  • We've taken out all the pads, and he's already at the highest hole to adjust the straps...He's got toys to play with, and there's always music on. I was hoping you guys would have some magic solution. I'm afraid there might be a large purchase in our near future for the convertible seat. I was hoping we'd have at least until Christmas. 
  • I've been debating on switching to the convertible as well.  Gabriel is just getting to be too heavy in the carrier and the other day I was trying to walk into daycare in the rain and the weight of him in the carrier caused me to lose my balance and fall.  Gabe was fine, me not so much. 
    Gabriel Joseph 6/13/2010
    BFP#2: 8/14/11 M/C 8/30/11 6w1d
    BFP #3: 10/26/11
    Beta #1 @11dpo: 22 Beta #2 @13dpo: 90 Beta #3 @17dpo: 480
    Missed m/c 12w3d 12/28/11, d&c 12/30/11
    dx Homozygous C677T MTHFR image image
  • start checking albeebaby.com for britax sales. I think they usually have one in Sept and Feb. I got my marathon for 199 on clearance from them.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Also do you have a mirror?  Maybe that would help, him being able to see you....but maybe not since you said you sit by him and he still gets upset :(
    Mommy's little helper :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have no advice as I haven't experienced this yet... but I am super nervous that Peyton will get motion sickness. ?I get it REALLY bad and since I've been pregnant, have been super sad I haven't been able to take dramamine. ?DH can read and do whatever he wants in a car so I hope she takes after him. ?Is it sad I'm already nervous for her?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • image? J & R 07 ?:
    start checking albeebaby.com for britax sales. I think they usually have one in Sept and Feb. I got my marathon for 199 on clearance from them.

No advice, but that site does have good sales.  Check it out. We changed DS to a convertible car seat when he was 6 months old and I didn't notice a big difference in his fussiness.  We play a kids CD now, but he's 19 months old.That helps iwth his screaming fits and he does enjoy looking @ books and playing with toys. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"