High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Lupus Anticoagulant?

Hi all - I delivered my first daughter at 36 weeks due to HELLP syndrome with no long term health effects and she was completely healthy. I am now currently pregnant with number two in the early weeks. My perinatologist completed a range of tests on me due to the previous HELLP syndrome. As part of these tests I was tested for the Lupus Anticoagulant and came back with a "borderline result." I was sent for a second round of lab work and am awaiting the results and an appointment next week with my doctor. Has anyone else tested postive or had a "borderline" result for this? If so, what did it mean? How did your doctor explain it? And what pregnancy outcomes were you given/any treatments during your pregnancy? I'm pretty freaked out right now and would really appreciate any of your alls insights. Thank you.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Lupus Anticoagulant?

• Options

I'm sure others will chime in, but you can also look at the Lovenox Ladies Check in and look for anyone with an "LA" after their name.  There are a couple with Lupus Anticoagulant... 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"You reach deeper until you can find the strength.  That's all life is, one big fight after another."

Angel babies: 9/19/07, 10/08/09, 1/05/11

• Options

I have had positive Lupus bloodwork for over two years and was "officially" diagnosed this past summer. I show no symptoms, just the bloodwork being positive. My Rheumatologist and OB do not seem to be concerned. They are just keeping a close eye on me with monthly blood tests. I have had two early miscarriages so they put me on Lovenox injections this time around. I also take Plaquanil which he has lowered the dose of since finding out I was PG.

Sorry this doesn't help much. My Rheumatologist has told me several times that people with Lupus have healthy, complication free pregnancies all the time. With my last pregnancy he mentioned tests later on down the road, but unfortunantely we didn't make it that far. (m/c was not lupus related it was chromosone mutation.)

Best of luck to you

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have tested positive for lupus anticoagulant. I lost 2 babies last year, possibly to clots making my placenta detach. My doctor says it doesn't mean that I have lupus, but my blood does clot too easily. I am taking lovenox injections and baby asprin everyday while I'm pregnant, but that's it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"