Baby Showers

Long distance shower?

Does anyone think it would be strange if we sent invitations to people for a shower we know they won't be able to travel to? My sister lives about 900 miles away and is pregnant with twins. We want to throw her a shower but she can't travel here and we know all of our family will not be able to travel there. Any thoughts on how to word invites? TIA

Re: Long distance shower?

• I think you should invite everyone... If they can't travel they may still want to send a gift.  You can call it a virtual shower..

• My mom & I were talking about this recently. She remembered a shower that she attended in a similar situation - the family (minus the mom-to-be) all got together and wrapped the gifts (instead of unwrapping) and then packed up a few big boxes and shipped them to the mom-to-be. Then the mom-to-be still got to unwrap all of the gifts.

It was nice because everybody got to see all of the other cute baby stuff, which is part of the excitement, and spend time together.
    Married June '03. DS born Jan '09. DD born Feb '12. No, we didn't choose to be childless for the first 6 years, only the first 3.
  • Loading the player...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"