Pregnant after 35
Options

Wish my folks were happy about these babies.

I know it sounds silly, but I am so sad that my parents are not happy about the babies.  I know that I have six children already, but I'm a good mom and my husband and I have good jobs to support these little ones, too, and this is something that we wanted.  Just would love for my parents to get excited.  Whenever I talk about the babies, my mom makes a face like she just smelled something rotten.  They are great grandparents to my sons now, and I think they'll come around.  Still, though, I love these little ones already and it hurts my feelings and makes me protective.  My husband really gets hurt since these are his first.  I am trying not to let it get to me and just to go on my happy way because I know that worrying about it is not good for the babies.  Just needed to get it off of my chest.  I think I'm extra emotional today. 

Re: Wish my folks were happy about these babies.

• Options

Ugh I feel for you! I am sorry your parents aren't excited for you! Sheesh, at least they could be excited for your husband! How can someone NOT be excited about babies! I am sure they will come around once your little ones are born! Hang in there! FWIW, I am excited for you both! Congrats on your pregnancy and happy and healthy 9 months to you!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I can empathize - I am in the same boat.  2nd marriage, honeymoon baby, and MY family is completely ignoring the pregnany. 

I had been calling my dad and step-mom with regular baby updates until I hit the 5 month mark and got frustrated with their lukewarm attitude.  I also realized that in all the prior months conversations I had taken the initiative to pick up the phone and call - my Dad had never once called or e-mailed me to check on the baby or I.  I cooled it and decided that if he wanted additional updates he could contact me.  I am due to deliver in 15 days and I haven't heard from my Dad once since the last time I called him in the 5th month of my pregnancy.  I try not to let it hurt my feelings but it still gets to me...I mean he is retired...what in the heck keeps him so busy that he can't take 2 seconds to call???

Since my family isn't involved I am keeping my hubby's family and our friends (aka surrogate family) very involved in the pregnancy.  They have been great and are very excited for us and willing to help out in any way they can.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hope your parents come around eventually.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I don't get it.  My folks are retired, too.  And it's not like I depend on them to watch the kids.  Oh, well, I guess we can't control other people, and as long as we love these little ones.  It's sad, though.  Congratulations to you.  A honeymoon baby!  That's exciting!  I'll be thinking of you in these next few days as your little one's delivery gets closer. 
  • Options

I"m sorry to hear that. I think my ILs will be weird about twin when they find out. My family is excited but a little worried about my health and well being.

I hope they come around...enjoy those around you who are happy for you!

• Options

it's their loss. my IL's aren't real excitd either. they think we're irresponsible. hello?! job, no welfare.. keeping things together, staying married.. all those good things yk?  anyway, they'll come around but they've been like that since we announced #3.. maybe MIL is jealous and can't admit it?

twins.... how exciting and terrifying all at once. we thought we were having twins but the u/s said 1 baby. which is good. that's fine. though i had gotten used to the idea a bit but it makes a busy life a little less busy and a new baby, even single, right now sure makes life a lot more um, interesting.

but you take your excitement where you can get it and turn to those that really care. they'll come around. if they don't, it's their loss. my IL's barely know their grandkids and it makes me sad but i can't control them.

if it were me, i'd just say 'Look.. cut the looks. the babies are on their way. be happy or at least fake it!".. i'm a cut to the chase kinda gal yk?

6 kids is great.. i love large families! congratulations and may it be a boringly dull pregnancy ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"