TTC after 35

HSG results are in

First of all, I was really nervous.  DH was in the waiting room. Pain wasn't too awful but it didn't take too long.  According to the doctor, all is clear and good!  So, I guess once we get our complete blood work done and my mammogram, we will meet with the doctor again.

That's it for now.  Thank you for all of your support.

Hugs to all.

Julie Trying to Conceive Ticker PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers

Re: HSG results are in

• glad everything went well.
  • Yay - glad it's over and everything looked good.  Now enjoy your three months of enhanced fertility as a result!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm unsure what comes next.  Can you fill me in on the process?
    Julie Trying to Conceive Ticker PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers
  • Did you just do bloodwork and an HSG or are you having other tests? Usually once your tests come back, you'll meet with the RE again to go over results and he'll give you some treatment options.  My results were all normal (as were dh's) and our choices were to keep trying on our own, try IUIs or go straight to IVF.  He told us what the success rates were and what the challenges of each option and let us decide.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • what jcath said.  that's the same next steps I had.

But the more important comment is CONGRATULATIONS!  you survived!  and you had good findings!  tubes are wide open and they say the months following are primo for bfns!  I hope that is the case for you no matter what means you use to get there! 

-Pix

About me: A pixie in the city, 41, TTC #1 since May 2010, married 18 years. Diagnosed with, surgically removed, endometrioma Aug.2010 Sept 2010 IUI #1=BFN, Oct=cyst/bfn, Nov 2010 IUI #2 = bfn. Had to postpone IUI #3 b/c of a cyst natural=BFN. Skipped IUI #3, decided to go for IVF. Found/removed uterine polyps Jan 2011. IVF cancelled, no follicles. IVF #2: 3 great embies put in on Easter Sunday = BFN. Hoping for another chance at IVF in July. TTC is NOT for wimps. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ticker/2fab90/ttc.png
  • Great news!!  And what a relief it must be to have that over with.  Here's hoping the next results are just as good!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks, Ladies!

Pix, what do you mean the months following are primo for BFNs? 

Hoping for BFPs for all of us, and soon!  Wouldn't that be a great Christmas gift?

• Cath, what do you mean enhanced fertility?  Did I miss something.  No one told me about that!
  • sorry 'bout that.  I mean the months following are good for bfPs!  sort of clears the way for the swimmers you know?!  Oops about the typo.

-Pix

About me: A pixie in the city, 41, TTC #1 since May 2010, married 18 years. Diagnosed with, surgically removed, endometrioma Aug.2010 Sept 2010 IUI #1=BFN, Oct=cyst/bfn, Nov 2010 IUI #2 = bfn. Had to postpone IUI #3 b/c of a cyst natural=BFN. Skipped IUI #3, decided to go for IVF. Found/removed uterine polyps Jan 2011. IVF cancelled, no follicles. IVF #2: 3 great embies put in on Easter Sunday = BFN. Hoping for another chance at IVF in July. TTC is NOT for wimps. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ticker/2fab90/ttc.png
  • Thanks, Pix.  Let's hope that is true and that it works!

Talk to you soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"